What's new

difference between denon 3801 and 3802 ? (1 Viewer)

Steve R

Grip
Hi,

I'm looking at the denon 3802 to replace a old receiver. I noticed that 6 ave. electronics is selling the 3801 for $300 less than the 3802. I want to drive three other locations through a speaker selector box other than my main listening/viewing room. Also, I would like to have the capability to add a outboard amp in the future. Would the 3801 do the job? I welcome any imput you can offer.

Steve

Eric_Lakes

Agent
Steve,
I know that one of the main differences is that the 3802 has Dolby ProLogic II and the 3801 does not. I beleive that they are the same in almost all other specs. BTW... the 3803 is just around the corner :)

Eric_Lakes

Agent
Not really.. there's not any new formats out. The 3802 has all the decoders. Maybe Denon will have their own matrixed 7.1??? A new remote would be nice.

Jorma

Grip
Is this an typo?
http://www.hirsch-ille.de/denon/avr3803.html
Shows an Denon AVR-3803 but there is no mention about the model on their website (and i dont read German that well LOL).
I'm also buying soon Denon AVR 3802 but i'd REALLY like to know if there is newer product coming from Denon. So please, if anyone has any information, share it with us ok?

Gil D

Supporting Actor
I'm also buying soon Denon AVR 3802 but i'd REALLY like to know if there is newer product coming from Denon.
There is always a new product coming from Denon in the fall. Late August to early Septemeber you should see the replacement for the 3802 and the dealers will surely discount the 3802.

I had the 3801 and it's a good receiver, but now have the 3802 and would not go back to the 3801. Besides DPL2 the bass is much improved in the 3802. But agian, the 3801 is a good receiver. My only quam is that you will be able to buy the 3802 for close to the same price as the 3801 in a couple of months so I would recommend you wait and see what the 3803 has to offer (at a premium) and what it's worth to you. If it's not worth the extra $ then get the 3802.

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like it will have RDS implemented in the tuner, and "real" Dolby Digital Surround-EX instead of Denon's generic 6.1 matrix decoder. That's about all I could make out of the German text that might be different from the 3801/2 models. Guess we'll see. Don't really see the point in bringing out 3 models in less than 2 years that have virtually the same specs. :frowning:

Jorma

Grip
Indeed. Looks like i'll wait. Well, i'm building up my first real Home-Theatre so i can wait, i have an room to build first as well, so i wouldn't be able to use the Amp right now anyway.
Gotta save the €'s then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks