What's new

Difference between BFD Models (1 Viewer)

Hey,
Anyone know if there is much of an advantage going with the 1124 model over the 1100 model Behringer Feedback Destroyer?

All I could find on the net is that "Also note that the DSP-1124 is an upgraded version of the 1100 with the differences being a 24 bit AD/DA converter in the 1124."

Does this ad/da converter matter much for the purposes of EQ'ing a sub? I would not think it would make much difference, as I would be dealing with analogue in and analogue out, right?

Seems like the 1100's can be had for a lttle less than the 1124's, and I am saving for a projector & screen to replace my puny 32" TV.

Thanks.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I had an 1100, and I've gone through 2 1124's so far. One because the date code was more than a year before I bought it, so I returned it, and the 2nd actually buzzes a little. Not through the sub, but the unit itself buzzes. I can hear it out to about 2 ft. Maybe I should have kept the 1100... :rolleyes

At the freqs a sub operates at, I bet you'd be very hard pressed to hear a difference. I just had to have the latest and greatest... :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Willem- OK, so maybe it's more "normal" than I thought, just never noticed it on the 1100. Thanks.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Willem- OK, so maybe it's more "normal" than I thought, just never noticed it on the 1100. Thanks.
It's normal alright, I undid the screws that hold the top cover and left them about 1/2 turn loose, this made the hum a bit quieter, what I have been going to do but have not done yet is to get some foam strip with the sticky back on it and run around the edge of the top cover.

Richard

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
So how much effective difference is there between the 1100 and the 1124? Should I look for an 1100 because its all I need and I'll save money? Or should I just get the best price on an 1124 because its worth it, as in notiabley better than the 1100?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks