What's new

Difference between 3802 and 1082? (1 Viewer)

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
Denon only allows authorized dealers to sell the regular line that most are familiar with.
They rebadge the 3802, 2802, 1802, and 1602 and sell those to dealers who don't want to go through the authorization process. Places like Sears usually carry the rebadged line.
My understanding is there is no other difference other than the model number being changed.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,

Same units. Different distribution channels. 3802 is for AUTHORIZED dealers only and carries the warranty exclusion when acquired outside this channel. 1082 is for mass-market (Sears, ABC Warehouse, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.) AND internet retailers. Carries a no-questions asked short-term warranty. I suspect the current sameness in the products is temporary. If Denon's multi-channel distribution scheme proves workable, I would expect them to somewhat "decontent" the mass-market product in the near future. This would protect Denon's high-margin income from local dealers, open new sources of lower-margin income from the mass-market, and still provide differentiation between the two. Smart move if they can pull it off.

Austin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks