1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Diff. between Component and reg inputs on Tau

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil A Evans, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Neil A Evans

Neil A Evans Auditioning

Hello all,

I have a Panasonic 32-HX41 which I like a lot, unfortunately there seems to be a VERY big difference in picture levels between the component and regular inputs (whether S-Video or regular RCA). Fed the same source, the component input produces a picture MUCH darker than the regular input. Thus, I find when I want to watch a DVD (on the component input) I have to crank up the brightness and contrast compared to my regular viewing levels. I'm not at home right now, but I'd estimate I have to kick up the brightness 12-18 units, and contrast 5-8 or so when using the component in.

Is this normal? And, more importantly, is this something that can be adjusted via ISF certification and/or service menu work. I know there aren't seperate settings for picture quality over the various inputs, but maybe there's some kind of offset or other tweaking that could be done.

Thanks!

2. Mike--HH

Mike--HH Auditioning

I don't really have an answer for you, but I can say that this is not the case on my 32 HX40. I haven't made a direct comparison between RCA inputs vs component inputs from my DVD, but in general if I adjust the brightness or picture it's usually just slightly down.

Mike