What's new

Diff. between Component and reg inputs on Tau (1 Viewer)

Neil A Evans

Auditioning
Hello all,

I have a Panasonic 32-HX41 which I like a lot, unfortunately there seems to be a VERY big difference in picture levels between the component and regular inputs (whether S-Video or regular RCA). Fed the same source, the component input produces a picture MUCH darker than the regular input. Thus, I find when I want to watch a DVD (on the component input) I have to crank up the brightness and contrast compared to my regular viewing levels. I'm not at home right now, but I'd estimate I have to kick up the brightness 12-18 units, and contrast 5-8 or so when using the component in.

Is this normal? And, more importantly, is this something that can be adjusted via ISF certification and/or service menu work. I know there aren't seperate settings for picture quality over the various inputs, but maybe there's some kind of offset or other tweaking that could be done.

Thanks!

Mike--HH

Auditioning
I don't really have an answer for you, but I can say that this is not the case on my 32 HX40. I haven't made a direct comparison between RCA inputs vs component inputs from my DVD, but in general if I adjust the brightness or picture it's usually just slightly down.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks