What's new

Diet Update... (1 Viewer)

Ron C

Stunt Coordinator
You can also try a "raw diet". Basically, only fruits, vegetables, and nuts.(no grains, dairy, meat, or anything else) Very nutritious and you'll lose weight fast(just keep exercising), but its pretty extreme for most people. I've been on the diet for a few months and it feels great. At least half of it is juiced/blended; makes it go down much faster. I love carrot and beet juice.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I don't have any weight training equipment, unfortunatly. When we went to LA, however, the hotel room had an exercise room and I was trying out the various machines they had there. I didn't care for the excersize bikes much, but I did start a workout on the treadmill. 30 minutes in the morning, 30 after lunch, and 30 at dinner. We're thinking of b uying one at home to help out with exercize during the winter months..

As far as foods, I've started eating String Beans and Carrots if that counts. Every now and then I'll make either boiled or scrambled eggs, but not much. That's easy enough to start up.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
All good reading. My only comment is to go the free weight route and not the machine way. YOu'll reap many benefits from using the weights that you don't get with machines. As an added plus, free weights are (seemingly) always open in the gym as everyone is busy doing the machines.

Free Weight Excercises - Illustrated!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Another question... is brown rice good? Don't think I've heard of it before, although I'm familair with the white and yellow/chicken flavor variety :)

I'm gonna try a new schedule and see if that helps any. Up at 9. 30 minute walk at 10. Eggs at 12, Stringbeans or Carrots at 3, and Steak/Salad at 6.

Also, looking at that illustrated chart of free weights, I tried the Peck Deck and didn't last more than 1 minute at it :/.

Ron C

Stunt Coordinator
brown rice is better that white rice, much less refined. Its not really the amount of carbs you have, its the type. refined carbs and sugar mess with your sugar levels and don't metabolize correctly - usually resulting in weight problems(the more refined, the faster it digest and is dumped into your bloodstream - bad). The best carbs are raw vegetables.

I don't have any comment on free weights vs machines; best advice is to do whatever you can - just do something =) Just remember that eating is a lifestyle - if you go back to eating processed and refined foods, you'll gain all the weight back. Kind of hard in the society we live in, since 90% of the food is just that =( Try not too focus too much on your weight - just on eating habits and exercise. If you eat right(no processed or refined foods) and exercise, you will lose weight.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just a little update. Diet situation still hasn't changed. I'm still at 251. Mostly fluctuate to 255 throughout the day and be back at 251 during the morning.

But, I just got a new digital scale so I wouldn't have to guess what weight number it was at exactly. just tried the body fat reading.. Sadly, I'm at 40%.

For the past two weeks or so, I've been eating better stuff, egg whites, small portions of meat, and stringbeans/carrots. We're either going to get our neighbors treadmill, or buy one of our own to help out with the exercise. If/when we get one, the new schedule will be 30 minutes at 2.5mph in the morning, 30 in the afternoon, and 30 at night. It'll be interesting to see if that'll help any.

The goal of this diet is to loose at least 50 pounds, and to drop the fat to 22%.

Yousaf

Second Unit
How tall are you? Because I weigh the exact same amount, and am starting a diet/exercise program as well. It sounds stupid, but do you want to try being online exercise buddies for motivation and post in this thread weekly? :) 5'9" here...

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
How tall are you?>>

5'6" Here.

Now we've just bought a new treadmill. IF you beleive the calorie counter, I just burned 110 Calories in 20 minutes, and I really do feel tired compared to a regular walk around the block/s.

The new goal is ten pounds per month, and walk on the treadmill for at least 20-30 minutes, two or three times a day. Once before Lunch, and BEfore Dinner, and After Breakfast...

Hopefully this'll help...and if it dosn't, a little walking exercize never hurt :).

Yousaf

Second Unit
I've been using the elliptical trainer in my apartment's basement...at a moderate pace (mid-50 RPMs, midlevel resistance) I tend to burn 500 calories or so if the calorie counter is to be believed :) I'm only doing it once a day and I want to step it up to maybe twice, with some light weightlifting thrown in for good measure (hey, I pay for the exercise room with the rent, so I might as well use it, right? :))

I know that having only a little knowledge can be more dangerous than none at all, though I remember reading somewhere that if you're going to exercise in the morning, it's best to do it soon after waking up and before you eat anything. Something about burning stored fat as opposed to the food you just ate...though I suppose that whatever you ate later might just replenish your stores. Can anyone more knowledgable comment?

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I did Atkins successfully and while I don't really follow it anymore, I still haven't put on any weight. At my heaviest I was 315 pounds (I'm 6'3"), and started a contest at work for money, and in 1 month I lost 28 pounds. Since the start of that contest, about a year and half ago, I dont think there's ever been a time where I've been more than a few pounds overweight, and now I'm currently at 210. I wish I had done more weight lifting instead of cardio as I'm sure I lost alot of muscle too, but you can put that on with work in the gym, and since beginning a weight lifting diet, I've gained 5 pounds, hopefully all muscle! Also, for clothes, I would wear a XXL comfortably, but am now down to an XL comfortably, and in some cases a L. My waist size, I wore size 42's with a little room, and am down to 33 or 34's with a little room to spare. I still have man boobs and a little bit of love handles, sucks that the very things you want to get rid of are the last to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks