What's new

diet and execerise questions? (1 Viewer)

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I've been weightlifting for about 2 months now, but I have to take a break from the upper body due to a strain on my shoulder.

I still can do lower body and some cardio.

There this machine at my gym that you stand on and it like a stairmaster only you peddle while standing up,

I'm trying to figure out what my heart rate should be for proper weightloss and cardiovascular results.

the chart says it should be around 117 bpm and my HR is about 122. So I am going to fast?

Also I was thinking about buying and using diet pills. I was thinking about Chitosol (the one made from Shell fish)

or a pill that transfers carbs into energy better.

What is the safest diet pill

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The safest diet pill is no pill at all. Don't take shortcuts... instead work on ingraining good exercise habits. You want to keep your heart rate in the ballpark of 117 (so 122 is fine). The biggest improvements I made to my routine were working out in the morning and doing 1-2 minutes of cardio exercises (lunges, jump rope, etc.) between each set of weights. This will keep your heart rate in the fat buring zone during your entire workout...

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
You should go check some other sources on the net.

The heart rates on that chart seem extrememly low unless your very old. Your max will be somewhere around 220 - your age (there's a new formula that's a little more accurate.) Assuming you are 30, that's 190. Many sources claim you burn fat best at 60-70% of max so that would be around 135.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Hi Scott,

You should get some personal training to teach you how to list safely and effectively. It is easy to damage your shoulders by doing exercises the wrong way. Lay off and heal, but when you go back invest in some professional training.

I have been going to a trainer once a week for a few months now and it has helped quite a bit.

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
Some more info on what Andrew started - studies have shown that aerobic exercise, first thing in the morning before you eat, has been proven to burn fat faster than say exercising later in the day. The theory being that the body has used up whatever sugars from food overnight, so it has to burn fat for energy.

I agree with Greg. No diet pills. More aerobic exercise, and watch what you eat / drink.

Andrej

Users who are viewing this thread