Dieppe (CBC TV Movie)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chad E, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,

I recently found the CBC television movie Dieppe at Wal-Mart for C$24.97. I picked it up, but have not yet opened it.

When I check the online DVD sites for this title, they all seem to have a different cover than my version. But the more disturbing fact is that the online sites consistently list the runtime as 208 minutes, whereas mine says "APPROX. RUN TIME: 180 mins." That's almost half-an-hour difference! [​IMG]

Is anyone familiar with this version? Is it a shorter cut of the movie? The online sites also list this as a 2-disc set, but I can't find mention of that on my packaging. If this is an inferior version, I'd rather just take it back to Wal-Mart and order the "correct" version... which means I can't open it up to check any of this out.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! If it helps, the spine number on my packaging is CBD 828110. Thanks!

2. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

The version I've seen was a 2-discer running 208 minutes and released by BFS Entertainment. I can't imagine a single disc version being able to contain the entire mini-series.

3. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

The version I have indicates on the back cover that it is distributed by Morningstar Entertainment Inc. and CBC Home Video.

My major concern is the runtime. As you mentioned, the BFS version has a runtime of 208 minutes, while mine has a runtime of "approx" 180 minutes. If no one has any info on this version, I'll just try to track down the BFS version, rather than running the risk of getting a 28-minute shorter cut of the movie.

Has anyone done a comparison between these two versions? The only website I have even found my version at is on the CBC website. Here's the version I have from the CBC site... here's the BFS version that I've seen everywhere else.

Has anyone bought the Morningstar version who could help me out?

(PS - I hope this post is acceptable... I re-read the forum rules, and couldn't find anything against linking to sales sites... just no dealer advertising.)