1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review Die Hard UHD Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Neil Middlemiss, May 27, 2018.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Neil Middlemiss

Die Hard UHD Review
    [​IMG]

Die Hard isn’t just a perfect action film, it’s a brilliant Christmas movie just right for enjoying on a Christmas Eve when a Home Alone, White Christmas or Scrooged just won’t do. I’ve watched Die Hard so many times I can’t even count and spun it on Christmas Eve regularly. It never gets old. The film unfolds with a confident precision, and with heart, wit, and an abundance of great ideas expressed expertly behind and in front of the camera. This is action cinema at its very best with an abundance of memorable, quotable dialogue.

[review]

Tino, Scott Merryfield and TravisR like this.
  2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    A Christmas movie???? I'm not so sure, but it's a great action movie. Thank you for the review.

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

If we can have Christmas comedies (A Christmas Story, Scrooged, etc.), Christmas dramas (It's a Wonderful Life), Christmas musicals (White Christmas), why can't we have a Christmas action movie? ;)

Seriously, we usually watch Die Hard during the holiday season. It felt odd watching the UHD last week so far removed from Christmas.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Seriously, I have my Christmas western in 3 Godfathers. Damn, I wish I can have that John Wayne film in 1080p in gorgeous Technicolor. I love listening to people arguing about what is a Christmas movie and what's not with Die Hard, Gremlins and Trading Places among the titles being debated. Man, do those arguments get passionate and I just laugh at the emotions being displayed.

Scott Merryfield likes this.