What's new

Die Hard Special 2 DVD Edition? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
What the hell? I was planning on getting the Ultimate Die Hard 3 Movie box, but I saw on DVDpricesearch today that Fox is releasing another Die Hard 2 DVD Special Edition set. I'm confused, wasn't the 5 star version of this already 2 discs, hence, a special edition? Any word if this will include new materials?

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Amazon shows it as having the same stuff as the 5-Star. Since this is being labeled as "Die Hard (Double Digipack)" I assume it's just a repackaging.

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure this is part of Fox's effort to repackage 5-Star titles since they've stopped using that label for special editions.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I saw this at Borders this weekend along with the re-release of the Fight Club 2-disc SE. Both in digipack style packaging. The Fight Club looks like the old one, but instead of the sturdy outer case the old one had it's more liek the recent AByss, POTA, etc.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
The new Die Hard is just a re-packaged version of the 5-star edition. Fox discontinued the 5-Star line, and is now re-releasing them in digipak cases. Buy the box, its a great set.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I have a hunch Die Hard 3 was never taken from a true 1080p HD master, or at least a poor one.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks