What's new

Die Hard Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
YIPPEE-KI-YAY – NAKATOMI PLAZA COMES TO LIFE IN THE ULTIMATE DIE HARD LIMITED EDITION COLLECTION OCTOBER 13
PRE-ORDER AT COMIC-CON NOW!

4a560ccf-636e-41ca-ad5a-536e36255cfd.jpg

Own All Five Explosive DIE HARD Movies On Blu-ray Housed in a Replica of the Iconic Building – Available October 13

Fans Can Pre-Order Collection at the Fox Booth #4229 at
San Diego Comic-Con and at FoxConnect.com

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (July 8, 2015) – Ever wanted to scale Nakatomi Plaza with John McClane, just like in the first Die Hard? On October 13, fans can do just that with the NAKATOMI PLAZA: DIE HARD COLLECTION! Featuring all five of the franchise’s action-packed films in a replica of the legendary Los Angeles tower, this limited edition collection is McClane-approved and like nothing you’ve ever seen before, making it the perfect gift for action and Die Hard fans everywhere.

Every limited-edition set comes with all five films on both Blu-ray™ and Digital HD as well as an explosive hour-long featurette that celebrates this iconic franchise with filmmakers and talent interviews. The Nakatomi Plaza also honors Hans Gruber and the vanquished villains from the series with collectible cards only found in the box set. And if that wasn’t enough, check out the 32-Page, behind-the-scenes book on all the secrets of the movies that even the most die-hard fans may not even know!

Alternate Views of NAKATOMI PLAZA: DIE HARD COLLECTION

3a28f47d-8460-4717-999e-9c27c0ca277e.png

[SIZE= 14px]NAKATOMI PLAZA: DIE HARD COLLECTION FEATURES:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE= 14px]Blu-ray & Digital HD Versions[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Die Hard[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px]Die Hard 2: Die Harder[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px]Die Hard: With A Vengeance[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px]Live Free or Die Hard (includes Unrated Version)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px]A Good Day to Die Hard (includes Unrated Version)[/SIZE]

[*][SIZE= 14px]Blu-ray Bonus Disc: “Decoding Die Hard”[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE= 14px]5 Exclusive Villain Collectible Cards[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE= 14px]32-Page Behind-The-Scenes Booklet on the Franchise[/SIZE]
[*]

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I used to work in that building, so part of me wants the replica just for that reason. But I'm still passing as most of the sequels bore me.

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
I see this includes the Unrated version of Live Free or Die Hard on Blu-ray. Currently the Unrated version of this film has only been available on DVD.

This is not however a good reason for me to do a huge double dip on the franchise.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
The original 5 star collection of Die Hard also had an extended version (accessible via seamless branching). To my knowledge, this hasn't been released since. Wished it would be available via Blu-Ray, including this addition. What does Fox have against releasing unrated versions on Blu Ray that was previously released on DVD (Die Hard, Commando, Independence Day, Fantastic Four)? Although admittedly they did finally released the DC version of Commando in the UK as a steelbook.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bill Waits said:
The original 5 star collection of Die Hard also had an extended version (accessible via seamless branching). To my knowledge, this hasn't been released since.

Really?! Wow. What a missed opportunity.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Bill Waits said:
The original 5 star collection of Die Hard also had an extended version (accessible via seamless branching). To my knowledge, this hasn't been released since. Wished it would be available via Blu-Ray, including this addition. What does Fox have against releasing unrated versions on Blu Ray that was previously released on DVD (Die Hard, Commando, Independence Day, Fantastic Four)? Although admittedly they did finally released the DC version of Commando in the UK as a steelbook.
Given the time frame of when the extended versions were released, my guess is that the extended versions of all those movies were finished in standard definition. In order to have the extended versions in HD, they'd have to locate the film elements of the deleted scenes and that may be impossible or it may be a cost that they don't want to incur or it may be something that they just simply don't bother to do.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Nice looking model, but didn't Fox do a new scan of Die Hard a few years ago (I'm sure I can remember reading here about a showing on a big screen), & Die Hard 2 could really do with another go.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Yippee-Ki-Yay....NO. Unless theses are remastered editions (which I doubt), I will stick with my current collection. This packaging, while interesting, is simply too cumbersome and unnecessary for my tastes.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
TravisR said:
Given the time frame of when the extended versions were released, my guess is that the extended versions of all those movies were finished in standard definition. In order to have the extended versions in HD, they'd have to locate the film elements of the deleted scenes and that may be impossible or it may be a cost that they don't want to incur or it may be something that they just simply don't bother to do.

That is a nice theory, but I'd have to say that probably would not be the case. The reason why I say that is that even though DVD is SD, the titles in question were anamorphic widescreen, which means that they were created from HD masters. That would mean that the source (including the extra scenes) are already in HD. Another title from Fox that is relatively new by comparison that does not have a blu ray release (but has an FX TV showing) is an extended edition of Iron Man. (The same could be said of Jurassic Park from Universal - no home video release, including Blu Ray, but an extended version shown on TV).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, Ron. Putting the set in the Nakatomi building is pretty fun (and I'm not even a big fan of crazy packaging) but I'm not re-buying the same stuff for a box. I'd have definitely bought it if it had been new transfers though.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Bill Waits said:
It was just one scene and it had missing elements (a couple shots are in black and white!). Waste of time addition if you ask me.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
Lord Dalek said:
It was just one scene and it had missing elements (a couple shots are in black and white!). Waste of time addition if you ask me.

That is definitely debatable as it pertains to Die Hard. Not trying to hijack this thread, but the overall point was the issue of Fox not putting previously released unrated DVD versions on Blu Ray (Die Hard, Commando, Independence Day, Fantastic Four, xXx). In Die Hard's case, I admit that the scene in question doesn't add a lot to the story, nor takes anything away from it, but it would be nice to have what's already been released on Blu.

Mr. Masters

Agent
Real Name
Stefan
Its disappointing, that they use the old discs for this set and new 4K transfers exist. Its time for remastered Blu-rays like Sony and Universal did

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now Available for Preorder on Amazon

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
The original extended edition of Die Hard just had 2 sequences from the deleted scenes section watchable within the film. They were inconsequential and were deleted for a reason.

The unrated version of Die Hard 4 has been available on Bluray outside the US for well over a year although it's always only available in a boxset - fortunately in standard sensible priced boxsets and not an overpriced one with gimmick packaging

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks