Die Another Day Subtitles

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DarrellP, Jun 23, 2003.

1. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

I just got this title Saturday, popped it in my Toshiba SD-5109 Progressive player feeding a DLP Projector and everytime a subtitle pops up, the PJ has to reacquire the source and the picture blanks out. The subtitles are frozen ON (I get the no, no, no, you can't turn them off) even though I didn't select them in the menu. The subtitles only pop up when someone speaks a foreign language.

Playing back through S-Video did not present this issue but the PQ is crap compared to the 480p.

Anyone know if there is a known problem/fix/replacement for Die Another Day with faulty Subtitles?

Thanks,

DarrellP

2. Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen Second Unit

Jeff
    I don't think these are faulty subtitles. MGM did this with this and several other of the Bonds so they could player generate most of the foreign language subtitles in different languages rather than have them burned in, the best I can guess.

3. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone else viewed this movie via Progressive output to a projector and it worked? I'm desperate here, I can't watch this movie on my pj. I had a problem with another DVD that has Robert Redford and Brad Pitt (Spy Games) in it and it was fixed for the same reason.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

This is why I didn't buy this DVD, even though Best Buy was giving it away.