What's new

Die Another Day / Madonna (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Has anyone heard this yet? I found a version of it, but am unsure if it's the actual film version that will be heard. Sounds like there has been some contradictions as to what the single version will be (film?) and the leaked version. Any help out there? Thank you!

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled myself. I've heard (or heard snippets from) at least three versions so far:
1) The Z100 broadcast version
2) The streaming version from the Warner/Reprise website (almost the same as the Z100 broadcast but slightly truncated)
3) A 30 second clip from a BBC Radio website that had the same instrumentation but with severely dialed down vocoder effects:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoy.../madonna.shtml
Of the three, I prefer the BBC played version, perhaps its the mix that will play over the film's credit sequence?
The CD Maxi-Single will be out October 22nd, with the 'Die Another Day' soundtrack issued on November 12.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Wow, from that small clip I hope it's relagated to the end credits. It's not worthy of a James Bond openig title sequence IMHO :thumbsdown:

You should hear the entire song David. The lyrics have zero to do with James Bond. Instead Madonna has dedicated the Bond theme to herself. All through the song she declares how enlightened and indestructible she thinks she is. The most ironic part are the lyrics "I'm going to destroy my ego." IMHO dedicating an entire James Bond theme to yourself requires an ego the size of Nebraska!

I heard this song the other day on the radio, and while I like Madonna, this song was just horrible. It's even worse it's for the new Bond flick. Arrghh!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Wow! You guys are rough! Here's my take. There hasn't been a hit James Bond song since A View To A Kill. 1985. The reason? Duran Duran didn't try to make a James Bond theme song rather a Duran Duran song that was then used for the film. I've enjoyed many of the great theme songs 007 has had for the films. I think that Madonna's new song (yeah, it's different but a lot like the music on her Music album)is a return by the artist recording an original song rather than trying to record a James Bond theme song.
I'm glad it's getting airplay and people are listening to it. I wasn't sure what to think when I first heard it, but have given things some thought.
I think it's a good move for Madonna and a good move for the Bond films to try and break the rut/mold of the last few title songs. The James Bond series has had so many great and memorable theme songs and artists. It just opens the film up to non-Bond fans I think. Which any continuing series will always need new fans.
I think we are in for a great Bond film in Die Another Day!

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I saw the video for the song last night and it is different from any Madonna video. Somewhat more violent then "What it feels like for a girl", but it works.

I need to hear the song a few more times, but my first impression is that it was weak for a James Bond movie. Hopefully it will be remixed with an orchestra to get a movie feel.

From the last few Bond films, the one song that I really like is K.D. Lang's "Surrender". The song on the last Bond film by Garbage was....well the band's name says it all. I like their own works, but that song died a painfull death both on music and video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks