Did you guys ever see a movie called 'OVERNIGHT DELIVERY'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    It stars Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd, and in it Rudd plays a college guy who's girlfriend goes to another college a few states away and one day he finds out that she's cheating on him with some guy named "The Ricker", so he writes her this really nasty break up letter with a used condom in it and sends it to her via overnight express, but then to his horror finds out that she's NOT cheating on him and now has to scramble to intercept the letter before it gets to her.
    Reese Witherspoon plays a stripper with a kind heart who helps him get the letter back from a relentlessly by-the-book overnight delivery man played by Larry Drake(aka Dr. Giggles).
    I've seen it a few times and find the film very entertaining, Reese Witherspoon is just a doll in this movie, and Paul Rudd, who horror fans will remember played the grown up Tommy Doyal in 'Halloween the Curse of Michael Myers', was extremly funny and has a real talent for slapstick.
    So, has anyone seen this little gem?

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Yes, and it was a riot! I am impatiently waiting for the DVD. Anyone?

Glenn

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Oh yeah, i'd be all over this dvd if it's ever released!

4. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

this is one of those gems that's on late night... they come on right as you want to turn off the tv and go to bed, and instead you stay up and watch the whole thing [​IMG]
    i found it enjoyable, though i think Rudd sometimes was reaching and overacting (just trying to hard).

5. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Yes, I have this on LD. One of my fave films from Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon. Original script was written by Kevin Smith, but was altered and Kevin chose to remove his name from the screenplay credits.
    Great movie [​IMG] Definitely worth purchasing on DVD. [​IMG]

6. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    AH! Now I know how Road Trip came to life![​IMG]

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I have not seen this one, but I will definitely give it a look thanks to your collective recommendation.
    I'm a big fan of Witherspoon's. What guy isn't?
    I believe Paul Rudd is probably best known for his role as the sensitive stepbrother in Clueless. [​IMG]

EDIT: Just checked out the IMDb listing... Christine Taylor AND Sarah Silverman??? :drool:

8. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Kevin Smith didn't decide to remove his name from this film, it was the WGA. Initially, he was quite upset about this, but in retrospect, he doesn't have a problem with it. When casting for Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back Smith wrote a column online with some Reese Witherspoon comments, includng a story that Witherspoon and Rudd reportedly badmouthed him while shooting the last scene in Overnight Delivery.

Even though Smith estimates a fair deal of his material was altered by the director and actors, you can still feel his touch on the movie. The Jaws reference in the classroom is pure Smith.

9. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

10. Rob_C

Rob_C Stunt Coordinator

This was a very funny movie. I saw it a couple of years ago and haven't seen it in any stores since.

11. Shad R

Shad R Supporting Actor

It never came into movie theaters because new line didn't like it, so it went straight to video...thank god, I didn't like it a whole lot, then when I heard Reese hated Kevin Smith and read the very funny posts from him on his website, I quickly became a Reese non-fan...the only thing she's done that I liked was Election