What's new

Did you cringe during the Mr. Deeds trailer? (1 Viewer)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
I didn't cringe, but I did feel compelled to echo Homer Simpson ("Urge to kill rising...") and shake my fist at the screen in the midst of a crowded theater.

Remake the story of Mr. Deeds if you will, Sandler, but for the love of Capra change the damn name.

Evan ("Fading...fading...Rising!...fading...fading...gone.")

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Cooper & Capra are each taking turns doing somersaults in their graves.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Look at it this way: If this remake is what is prompting the issue of the Keepsake Edition of the original film on DVD, then at least we are getting something out of it.
So Adam does his thing as Mr. Deeds for a few weeks at the local cinema, then the whole nonesense vanishes into obscurity.
A month or two after the remake comes out, it'll be a distant memory...but I'll have a brand new DVD of the original! :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Are the studios running out of ideas so fast that they have to remake a Frank Capra film???

There's plenty of excellent books, stories, and other publishings that would make great movies. At least no one has made a remake of It's A Wonderful Life yet...even with the many years of being in the public domain!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I had the displeasure of watching the trailer of this piece of crap before Spiderman.

I can't believe that John Turturro is in this film!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks