What's new

Did this ever happen in a film? (1 Viewer)

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]Oh!no!...
I even have no idea ahout how many times my ears were talked off just because of the SARS. How mnay people was found out being infected.How many people died.Every day, every minute!
Did this ever occur in any films?I am sure there are!If put this situation into a movie,at least record it,we,people of the 80's, will have a big story to show.
Anyway, a sad history movie!
But life should keep going on!So I am here!

;)[/SIZE]

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
Baaa Whaaa? Whatchutalknbout yumi ?
Are you chinese/japanese? oh I just looked,Chinese.sorry

Translation lost it does get,thanking you for trying the good ways. I hopefully see more great stuff too, I am here.

Goodtimes Yumi,,im just jokin. Are you saying if there are any movies involving a Widespread OUTBREAK that infects many people.Im sitting here thinking AND THE BAND PLAYED ON outside my window whilst I be thinking, Hmm Im gonna go to bed and put my DREAMCATCHER up so that I can remember anything to help. Man I wish I could think of a few,maybe 3 or so.
Ill post some if I can remember a few.

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]DaveGR,
Thank you !
I will try my best to explain my ideas clearly!:)
Good night!
Hope hear from soon!
-Yumi[/SIZE]

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
"Outbreak" has definitely been on my mind ever since the SARS crisis began. But I have been too chicken to rewatch it.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
DaveGR, I think Yumi introduced herself in another section, she's in Bejing (hope I remember it right), the "Hot Spot" for SARS.
Yumi, tells us some "hot" movies (Chinese) in mainland these days..

Stephen R

Stunt Coordinator
Taiwanese director Tsai Ming-liang made a movie in 1998, I believe, called The Hole about the outbreak of a dangerous virus that forces people to stay in their homes as often as possible and wear face-masks if they must go out.

Pretty bleak film ... let's hope the SARS condition doesn't reach the extremes detailed in that movie.

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]
Yumi, tells us some "hot" movies (Chinese) in mainland these days..
There is one named"Zhouyu's Train".One of my favourite Chinese movie actresses played the main actress in this movie. Her name is Gong Li.I will not be surprised if you know her!:)
Well, I will find some more![/SIZE]

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Here's one, a little more self-contained than the current outbreak, but the theme is the same:

THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
For two very good films about viruses and the like breaking out, I suggest David Cronenberg's first two feature films. The first, Shivers, involves a breakout that takes place completely inside an apartment building, which, sadly, has some similarity with SARS events. Cronenberg's second feature, Rabid, involves a viral breakout that makes an entire city go mad. Both are rather disturbing films, although I find Rabid to be better-made and all around rather more enjoyable. I do not know how widely available these films are in Beijing, Yumi, but good luck tracking them down.

I wish I knew some Chinese to give Yumi a proper welcome, but the Babelfish translator gives me this translation for "greetings": 招呼

DJ

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well first of all, anyone that can write in a language that doesn't even use the same characters as their native language is doing okay by me.

But that doesn't mean we still can't have fun with the translation from time to time in a nice way. :)

Outbreak and Andromeda Strain are both good examples, and both probably a little too real with the process for someone in China to comfortably watch at this point I would think.

I guess we would count The Masque of the Red Death for this catagory as well. Also, The Seventh Seal.

Yumi, are theaters a lot more empty now because of SARS?

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]
Yumi, are theaters a lot more empty now because of SARS?
Sten Paxton,
I am sorry to let you know that it is not only more empty in theaters, but also in buses,malls,even exerything.
So sad!
What should we do when human have to face this disaster??:frowning:
-Xinyu[/SIZE]

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]
How did you find out about Home Theater Forum?
Hi!Jack,
The answer I will give you is just same as I have said in my introduction in another thread.It is being hipped on movies that brought me here.

;)
It is possible!The internet even can tell me what time is it in your area. :)
-Yumi[/SIZE]

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]
I wish I knew some Chinese to give Yumi a proper welcome, but the Babelfish translator gives me this translation for "greetings": Õкô
Hi!DJ
Thank you! It is very kind of you for trying to find a Chinese way to say"Hello "to me.
You can say "ÄãºÃ£¡£¨ni hao£©";)
-Yumi[/SIZE]

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Yumi,

How about giving us a 'SARS impact update' thread in the AFTER HOURS LOUNGE so we can try to understand what your part of the world is going through. Plus it would help us big city folk prepare if it were to truly spread (on the record I tend to think not as rapidly as film diseases).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks