Did the Tumult go up in price?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martice, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

First I missed the preorder price. Then it went up to $469.00 and now it's up to $500.00!?!

Everytime I think about the possibilities, reality starts to sink in and pushes the possibilities further away.

[​IMG]

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Martice,

Adire has recently started allowing their dealers to sell at "MAP" (manufacturer's advertised price). But it's still up to the dealer's discretion as to whether they want to charge MAP or full retail. Kyle originally was selling the Tumult for $469 shipped, but I see he's upped his price now.

As an Adire dealer, I would sell at the same price as Kyle. There's not a lot of mark-up from dealer cost to full retail on the Tumult. And shipping won't be cheap due to the driver's weight. So if we charged $469 including shipping continuously we'd hardly make anything off of the driver.

BTW, if you order through Adire you'd pay the $499 price anyway.

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I hear you Brian. Although I wasn't actually referring to the cut that you guys will make. Regardless how the cake is cut, that's alot of money for me. I would have to budget pretty well in order to bring that puppy home.

I really would have to hear one now before jumping on it. I have a AV15 coming and the Tumult would have to not only out MAX it which it does, but also prove to be a better all around performer in order to justify that much of a price jump. That's $335.00 more than the AV15. Do you think that the Tumult will be that superior of a driver over the AV15 in real world usage and not just in bass competition levels?

4. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

If the Tumult is like 3x the Tempest.. I would say it would be equal to about 2 AV-15's in the right enclosure with enough power, that is just a guess though..

Craig

5. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hi Craig. I'm ok with the Tumults extreme capabilities. However, my main concern is in real world situations, will the Tumult be a more refined, detailed and all around better performer than the AV15. I have a 25" cube being built by Stryke as we speak. It just so happens that the Tumult will work in my cabinet which also has 2 18" passive radiators. I have a 830 watt into 4ohms amp ready to rock and roll. What differences could I expect to hear between the two when I'm not reaching for the gas pedal and flooring it. I have a OK sized room at 11x17x9 so to pressurize it wouldn't be hard. With that in mind, would I be loosing anything by not going with the Tumult and would I have to really drive the Tumult to reap the rewards of paying $335.00 more than I did the AV15?

6. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

I think where the Tumult is really going to shine is when it's pushed near it's limits (or maybe just passed the AV15's limits). It supposedly has very clean output all the way up to near Xmax. According to Adire, it's got less than 3% distortion at 28mm of excursion.

If you won't be pushing the AV15 near it's limits then I think the Tumult would be overkill for you.

8. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

9. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Martice,

I have the same setup, about 800w to a Tumult in a 24" cube with Strykes 18" PRs.. At least the option is there to go to a Tumult with little to no modifications. I don't think you will have problems energizing that room at all. I also think to get real benefits of the Tumult, like Brian said, you need to really push it and feed it some serious power (1000-1500w), depending on the enclosure to really get everything out of it.

10. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Thanks Craig and Brian. I will watch the Tumult reviews as they start to pour in and will keep this conversation in mind. I am curious to see what the reviews say and if there are any common references made other than how the Tumult destroyed the structure of their homes. Which I'm sure it could do. When pushed of course[​IMG]

11. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Brian is right, with the shipping weight of these monsters its quite a hit to reduce the price and also include shipping. I had the price at $469 for two reasons: 1. Main reason: For those that missed the preorder but still wanted to order and realized that it would still be several/multible weeks before delivery would occur. 2. Another Adire dealer had these at $469.00 and I was losing business to them even though they could not deliver product (as I). They are no longer an Adire dealer so I dont have to drop to meet their price and can sell for what all of the other dealers sell for, although some dont include shipping. I'm all for delivering the lowest price possible for the customer but I also need to make money to stay in business in order to keep delivering the deals [​IMG]