What's new

Did something happen to Davis DVD? (1 Viewer)

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
When I tried to log on it said that the page no longer exists. Did they change addresses or did something happen that I didn't know about.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i enjoy that cite as well....and the same thing happens when i try to reach it. hope it is just a minor problem.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm really freaked out by how all of you are saying this!

I can still get to it just fine. And manuever all over the site. And pull up new items that I've definately never looked at before - like the Seabiscuit collector's set - just to make sure this isn't a caching situation.

Everything works just fine for me. I suppose the entire site (or a lot of it, anyway) could be currently cached at my ISP's server, or someplace further back along the way. I have caching turned off this machine, and also on my wife's machine. And she never accesses DavisDVD on her system, but I just pulled it up over there with no problem.

Maybe Patrick will come along this morning and explain what the deal is.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
It could be a case that the site is indeed expired/down, but Dave's ISP still has the DNS entries cached, therefore to him, the site would be up and live. As long as the server is up and your ISP's DNS resolves to it, then it will be up as far as you are concerned. If you ping www.davisdvd.com, what do you get as the IP? It resolves to 64.94.110.11 for me and I can NOT get there....

What IP to you get David? Just curious mostly. But it soes kinda sound to me like a possible DNS issue.

Then again, I may just be an idiot!! :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I just got there. Came right up with no problem. I haven't visited for quite some time, so I don't think caching is the answer.

BTW, the highlighted link in Zack's post won't work because the software has embedded the comma into the link.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
No problems for me. This is not a site I visit regularly so I doubt it's a caching situation either.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I noticed on Saturday that it didn't work and it got intercepted by Verisign, as if there is no such domain. But then yesterday I was able to connect, so I figured it was just a temporary problem. Now it seems to be gone again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks