What's new

Did someone mention that a new version of VIDEO ESSENTIALS is coming? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I seem to remember that someone here at HTF mentioned that a new version of VE was coming out called Video Essentials Digital. Is this true? Where can I find info about this?
------------------
-Kevin M.
I can brave the nastiest weather, even when it's twenty below.
My Pa was an Elephant, but that's irrelevant,
My Ma was an Eskimo."
- Cannibal the Musical.

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
Yes there is a new version of VE (I believe the title is actually Digital Video Essentials) coming out on 11/14. It's strange though that there's no info on the VE web site about it, other than an announcement that the old VE is discontinued. The best info I've found is on The Digital Bits site. The list on this one is only $24.95. I know at least dvdplanet has it up for preorder.
------------------
--------
Ted K.
"Wait here. Be right back"
-Godot

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Digital Bits reported a release date of Nov. 14th, and later stated they heard a rumor about it being delayed until the first quarter of '02.
Glenn

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
So now the big question...What's the difference?
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

ChrisA

Second Unit
I knew there was a new version coming out a month or so ago, as soon as I saw DVD Talk blowing them out a supposed special deal
wink.gif

I'm sure the new Digital Video Essentials is intended to leap frog AVIA. Perhaps they are both coming out with new versions. In any case, the retail price is much less expensive, so I see no reason not to get the new Digital Video Essentials. I really only used AVIA ever since it came out, so hopefully, the new Digital Video Essentials will break some new ground.
------------------
Link Removed

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I had mentioned this about 3 weeks ago. I read about it in a little tidbit from The Perfect Vision, in which Joe Kane personally used it to judge something in a review they had him participate on. They talked about the whole thing for about two lines, so I can't give much info. I look and see if it was this month's or last month's and post it.
Matt

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
A big difference? $24.99 MSRP, Planet selling it for $18.
I heard the original was mostly a port of the VE LD. The new one will probably be completely DVD-centric in the sense of menu designs and some new test patterns (since LD was analog and DVD is digital I would think there are new tests that should be included).
I will buy it to complement the already excellent AVIA disc I own.

ChrisA

Second Unit
DVD Planet is selling it for $19.99 shipped according to DVD Price Search.
The best price is: $18.01 shipped at www.bestprices.com
------------------
Link Removed
[Edited last by ChrisA on September 23, 2001 at 11:45 AM]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
Might have been Empire selling it for $18.49 or something like that. I don't buy online much anymore so I get these sites confused when I use them for preorder browsing.

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
This is on the Digital Video Essentials page :
08 December 2001 update:
Our original starting point with graphics is not meeting our expectations so we are bringing in a new crew and starting over again. The good news is that we are going to get the quality we want, and by waiting, new demonstration material has become available and new information about room setup will be included. We are no longer posting an expected completion date. We'll do that when we are a little further along with the new team.
Thank you for your patience.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yes, but that was from the 8th of December 2001, I was interested in newer info. None to be had it seems.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So they are releasing it to D-Tape first?
....that won't please some people here at the Forum.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks