What's new

Did Nintendo get sued or something? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I noticed on both Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 2 that there's a "click through" screen that warns you to read the health & safety manual. This seems to be a rather new development-was there a lawsuit or something?

It's not a huge problem to click by the screen or anything, but I don't know if I like the precedent. What's next-forcing you to input a code from the manual indicating that you've read it?

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
I think the nintendo DS makes you do the same thing.. no matter if there is a game in or not.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I've seen some newer games now start with epileptic seizure warnings. No doubt the company's lawyers advised them to include the warnings as an attempt to pre-empt lawsuits against them. Because nobody wants to accept their own responsibility to not do things that might hurt themselves.

James T

Screenwriter
Didn't someone sue the makers/publisher of Everquest for that reason? If I'm remembering the correct story, he also dropped out of university because it took too much of his time.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Same old story, same old song and dance. Fortunately, I'll probably be dead before it gets worse. :)

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I rmemeber the best example of these redicilous incidents, back in like 2002, saved it for times like these.

Taken from www.startribune.com

Lost future earnings? LOST FUTURE EARNINGS?

30 year old who plays 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, and trying to bring potential future earnings into it? Unless he was planning to become a professional N64 player, dedicating 48 hours a week to the console, this guy would be supported by his mother or a welfare bum for the rest of his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks