What's new

Did my part to support TV on DVD today :) (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
3 copies of Planet Of The Apes TV series...
3 copies of Fawlty Towers complete collection
2 copies of Stargate SG-1 complete Season 1
2 copies of Kindred: The Embraced
2 copies of The Veil
2 copies of V-The Miniseries
1 copy of The Sopranos 2nd season
1 copy of Twin Peaks
Also placed my online order for Hammer House Of Horror from DeepDiscountDVD. They have it for about 1/2 of what retail wants.
I hope the Twin Peaks is good, I've never seen an ep before or heard what it's about, but the way some of you guys talk about it...1 copy of all the above goes in my collection, the rest were last minute Xmas gifts. I've also never seen an ep of POTA, Fawlty Towers, The Veil, or V before...but I have read up on them and they do intrest me.
Also, found a copy of Jingle All The Way hidden behid some other movies. Seemed to be the last one they had. When I stumbled across it, after hearing about the recall here, made me think "Hope no one at the HTF hid this here" :)
Next up on my TV-DVD list are some more Twilight Zone discs, probably Battle of the Planets and Space 1999, will pick up Buffy when released, and ST:TNG. I just want complete collections, preferably in Season boxed sets. That's one reason I didn't pick up Friends. Anyone wanna reccomend some others for me to take a look at?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Kyle, I commend you highly! You certainly did more than your fair share!! :D
Enjoy!
As for recommending others, I'm assuming you already have obvious choices like The Simpsons, The Prisoner, X-Files, and Sex and the City...don't you?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
X-Files seasons 1-4 I have, Sex & The City I have S1 but hadn't kept on S2, is it out yet? I'm not sure what The Prisoner is...but I shall look it up. The Simpsons I'm expecting as a Xmas gift. I'm not too keen on the animation for that season, but I do love the show. Bring on Futurama though, I missed tons of the first season episodes.

I was also suprised to see Uprising out on DVD already. Will most likely pick that up in Jan.

If anyone reads this as their last thread today...Have a Merry & Safe Christmas.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure what The Prisoner is...but I shall look it up.
[rant]It's the most superb 1-season (17 episodes) TV show ever made!!
Literally a mind-F|_|¢K!! :D[/rant]
Link Removed
Here's the IMDB entry for it:
Link Removed
Here's the TVShowsOnDVD entry for the DVD releases:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaselist.cfm?ShowID=4942
As for Sex and the City, season 2 has been out since May (you should look for season 3 next May). Click here for the Amazon info about it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Do a search. It was recalled because someone claims that Fox stole the script from him or something. Fox is sure they'll win upon appeal, but they're "recalling it for now just in case". :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Don't forget the Muppet Show(so far 10 DVD's/3 shows on each) from Time Life and Monty Python entire episodes.
I just recieved the Monty Python set this afternoon, and NEVER having seen one episode, I shall enjoy this Imenselly:) Plus I got my second Muppet Show DVD in the mail from Time Life.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was out-of-print. I've been looking all over for it; is there a store that still has copies available?
It [rant]is[/rant] out-of-print. However, I picked up a copy for myself around Halloween and last week as a Christmas gift for my wife's best friend.
Best Buy. $17.99 each. :D (Note: They only seem to have one at a time; the 2nd copy was likely a re-stock for the first copy I bought.)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget the Muppet Show(so far 10 DVD's/3 shows on each) from Time Life and Monty Python entire episodes.
I can't believe I forgot to recommend these two! I don't have MP yet...I hope to pick it up at Costco before they run out of the $99.99 mega-set deals...but Christmas had to come first.
For the record, here are the TV Shows I own so far on DVD (my wish list is plently longer than this!):
  • Ally McBeal[*]Ally on Sex and the Single Life
    Battlestar Galactica[*]Battlestar Galactica
    Bear in the Big Blue House[*]Party Time With Bear[*]Shapes, Sounds And Colors[*]Sleepy Time With Bear And Friends
    Beast Wars: Transformers[*]Classic Episodes Vol 1
    Clifford the Big Red Dog[*]Clifford Saves the Day/ Clifford's Fluffiest Friend Cleo
    Cosmos (mini-series)[*]Cosmos
    Dick Van Dyke Show, The[*]Dick Van Dyke Show
    Digimon: Digital Monsters[*]Season One
    Doctor Who[*]Spearhead From Space[*]The Five Doctors (Special Edition)[*]The Robots Of Death
    Dragon Tales[*]Adventures In Dragon Land[*]Let's Share! Let's Play!
    Flintstones, The[*]Cartoon Crack-Ups
    From the Earth to the Moon (mini-series)[*]From the Earth to the Moon
    Huckleberry Hound Show, The[*]Cartoon Crack-Ups
    Jetsons, The[*]Cartoon Crack-Ups
    Kindred: The Embraced[*]The Complete Vampire Collection
    Land of the Lost[*]Land of the Lost
    Little House on the Prairie[*]Christmas #1[*]Christmas #2[*]Little House On The Prairie 4-Pack
    Monkees, The[*]Volumes One & Two
    Moonlighting[*]The Pilot Episode (Special Edition)
    Pixie & Dixie[*]Cartoon Crack-Ups
    Planet of the Apes[*]Planet of the Apes Entire Series
    Prisoner, The[*]Vol.1: Arrival/ Free For All/ Dance Of The Dead[*]Vol.2: Checkmate/ The Chimes Of Big Ben/ A, B And C/ The General[*]Vol.3: The Schizoid Man/ Many Happy Returns/ It's Your Funeral[*]Vol.4: Change Of Mind/ Hammer Anvil/ Forsake Me/ Living In Harmony[*]Vol.5: Girl Who Was Death/ Once Upon A Time/ Fall Out
    Quantum Leap[*]The Pilot Episode "Genesis"
    ReBoot Season III[*]Volume I: To Mend and Defend
    Saturday Night Live[*]Mr. Bill's Classics
    Scooby-Doo, Where Are You![*]Cartoon Crack-Ups[*]Scooby Doo's Original Mysteries[*]Scooby Doo's Spookiest Tales
    Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour, The[*]Scooby Doo's Spookiest Tales
    Sex and the City[*]The Complete First Season[*]The Complete Second Season
    Simpsons, The[*]Season One
    Sopranos, The[*]The Complete First Season
    South Park[*]Volume 1[*]Volume 2[*]Volume 3[*]Volume 4[*]Volume 5[*]Volume 6
    Stand, The (mini-series)[*]Stand, The
    Star Trek[*]Vol. 01: Where No Man Has Gone/Corbomite Maneuver[*]Vol. 02: Mudd's Women/Enemy Within[*]Vol. 03: Man Trap/Naked Time[*]Vol. 04: Charlie X/Balance Of Terror[*]Vol. 07: Galileo Seven/Court Martial[*]Vol. 08: Menagerie Parts 1 And 2[*]Vol. 09: Shore Leave/Squire Of Gothos[*]Vol. 12: A Taste Of Armageddon/Space Seed[*]Vol. 13: This Side Of Paradise/The Devil In The Dark[*]Vol. 14: Errand Of Mercy/The City On The Edge Of Forever[*]Vol. 17: Who Mourns For Adonis/Amok Time[*]Vol. 18: The Doomsday Machine/Wolf In The Fold[*]Vol. 20: Mirror Mirror/The Deadly Years[*]Vol. 21: I, Mudd/The Trouble With Tribbles[*]Vol. 22: Bread And Circuses/Journey To Babel[*]Vol. 25: A Piece Of The Action/By Any Other Name[*]Vol. 27: The Ultimate Computer/The Omega Glory[*]Vol. 28: Assignment: Earth/Spectre Of The Gun[*]Vol. 30: The Enterprise Incident/And The Children Shall Lead[*]Vol. 32: The Empath/The Tholian Web[*]Vol. 33: For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky/Day of the Dove[*]Vol. 40: Turnabout Intruder/The Cage
    Stargate SG-1[*]Season One
    Top Cat[*]Cartoon Crack-Ups
    Transformers[*]Transformers: Heroes[*]Transformers: Villians
    Twilight Zone, The[*]Vol. 02
    V (mini-series)[*]The Original Miniseries
    Wonder Years, The[*]Best of the Christmas Wonder Years[*]Best of the Wonder Years
    X-Files, The[*]Season 1 Box Set[*]Season 2 Box Set[*]Season 3 Box Set
    Yogi Bear Show, The[*]Cartoon Crack-Ups

The list is cut-and-paste from the TVShowsOnDVD web site; it only represents the titles Gord has listed so far. There are others he hasn't gotten into his database yet, like Mists of Avalon, Mr. Murder, & Magic Legend of the Leprechauns miniseries and shows like Æon Flux, H.R. Pufnstuf, Teltubbies, & Speed Racer (he's got a full-time day job, so he can be forgiven! :) ).
The list *looks* a tad shorter than I expected...but it represents 130 discs! Not too shabby...that's over 10% of my collection...even if you don't count the titles Gord hasn't input yet!!
Soon I'll have to pick up the latest box sets for Sopranos and X-Files, since they weren't under the tree. :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks