What's new

Did latest Windows 10 update break Dolby Atmos? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Did the latest Windows 10 update break Dolby Atmos? I can engage up to 7.1 but Atmos is silent and my Access app says it's not connected even tho my control panel has it linked...

Attachments

• atmos.JPG
    atmos.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 130

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Could it be something as simple as the correct audio output device not being selected in the Atmos controls? Even with a single choice I've sometimes seen the audio output be directed to headphones or a non-existent digital output instead of to the external speakers after imaging or updating.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Update!
Hi there!

Thank you for contacting Dolby Customer Support. I would be happy to assist you today!
This is affecting all AVR's that are using a Cirrus Logic chipset. It's something that's been affected by the latest Windows update.

This is a known issue that we're aware of and are working with our team to get this resolved as soon as we can.

In the meantime, you can work around this issue by manually selecting and configuring the speaker setup when you're configuring Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. This will give you sound in the meantime if you wish to keep Atmos enabled. This will allow you to get sound again when Atmos is enabled until we get a permanent resolve put in place for this issue which will likely come in the form of an update.

Thank you for your patience. We do appreciate your time.
The Dolby Support Team

I told em to post on twitter so more people know that they know!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That makes me wonder if it's just a driver update, and not the core OS update, that caused the issue since they mention the audio chipset by name. If that's the case you'd think you could roll back just the audio drivers to a prior version and fix it as well.

I absolutely dislike Windows attempting to force driver updates in Windows as those seem to cause more issues than anything else. At work I have our WSUS server set to *not* allow driver updates. I *think* I have that also set on my home systems but would have to look to know for sure. I'll look for drivers myself if I feel the need for them to be updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks