Did I pay too much?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Snidtker, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Brett Snidtker

Brett Snidtker Auditioning

Hey guys, I have been reading this board for a few weeks now and must say, it's great. Tons of info for a newbie to HT like myself. Now my question is, this past weekend, I went out and bought the beginning of my HT. I bought a Denon 2801 for $448 open box. I also bought a set of new Klipsch RC3's. They were on sale for $800 since they were last years model apparently. So in your opinions, were these prices fair? Also, how do these rank. I have read some about the Denon, but not much about the speakers. Any input you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brett

2. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    It's all excellent equipment. I'm not familiar with current pricing on these models so can't tell you how much of a deal you got.

3. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

I am not familiar with the Denon but I own the whole Klipsch reference series. They are great speakeers. You could pick them up on the internet for a little cheaper. Ebay has them for $570. But you loose the warranty and most local stores offer a 1 year upgrade policy. You won't be disappointed. Go to www.klipsch.com. They have a good forum and the concensus there is that Klipsch and Denon are a match made in heaven.

4. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    for buying from an authorized dealer, the price on the 2801 is excellent. hope you enjoy that nice receiver!

5. Brett Snidtker

Brett Snidtker Auditioning

You said for a retail store.... I know there have to be some good sites that have better prices than what i paid for my floor speakers and the receiver. Anyone have any ideas for Klipsch seeing as i would like to look into their center speaker next. Thanks

Brett

6. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

Go to www.klipsch.com They can give you a million references on who is who. ANother words, they can tell you who and who not to buy from. Just go into their forum. I bought mine locally so, I pretty much paid retail. Since they have put out the version II of their speakers and the new reference line RF-5 and 7 and RC-7, you can get the RC-3 for relatively cheap.
    Mike