Did I kill my LFE signal from receiver. PLEASE HELP...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Daeo, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Matt Daeo

Matt Daeo Extra

While in my computer room the other day I hear a humming noise coming from the living room. My dog decided to use my silver serpent interconnect to my SVS as a chew toy. Anyway I immedietaly disconnected and unplugged the sub.

The next day I ordered a new cable and it just arrived today. But now whenever I plugged in the new cable no bass at all is going to the sub. I've tried just about everything I can think of to no avail. I think the sub is alright because I tested it(not really sure how failsafe this test is)by touching the input end into the receiver and still hear a thumping noise. Any advice is needed and appreciated...

2. Matt Daeo

Matt Daeo Extra

Anyone. Please...

3. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Matt,

"I think the sub is alright because I tested it(not really sure how failsafe this test is)by touching the input end into the receiver and still hear a thumping noise. Any advice is needed and appreciated..."

I am not sure this properly tests whether the sub is okay or not. What you could do is run your sub cable from one of the preouts (if you have them) for the main speakers, set a crossover (say 100-120 Hz) on the sub, and play some music. If the sub won't play, then it has the problem. If it does play, then either the subout on your receiver is shot or some setting in your receiver is preventing output to the subwoofer.

Michael

4. Matt Daeo

Matt Daeo Extra

Thanks alot Michael. I tried what you said and the sub does play. Looks like I'll be taking the receiver in for some work [​IMG] ...

5. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Matt, was your recever on when this happined?

6. Matt Daeo

Matt Daeo Extra

Yes it was on...