What's new

Did I Just Damage My Dvd? (1 Viewer)

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so here's my question. I was trying to get disc 4 of the Transformers set back into that annoying "jaws of life" type case, when I heard something. I turned the disc over and saw that I had made a littkle crack in the little area around the hole of the disc. Come to think of it, I may have done this before. Does this is any way damage the DVD? Please help me calm my neurotic self.

Derek

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If you took a chip out of it...just the plastic mind you, it should be fine. On the other hand, if there is actually an crack in the middle...you might be in trouble, because if you put it in your player...once it starts spinning it could expload and destroy your player with it.

If you have a digital camera or a scanner, this would be a good time to use it. We could take a look at the damage.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera, but I took another look, and it appears to be just the plastic. Does that mean it's OK?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
As far as I know, it should be. I'm by no means an expert though.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I just did some quick research on the net, and found out that the plastic layer mainly serves as protection of the data, and a place to put the label, so between that and what you have told me, I think it will be alright.

Thanks,

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beartard