Did I Just Damage My Dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek U, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Derek U

Derek U Stunt Coordinator

OK, so here's my question. I was trying to get disc 4 of the Transformers set back into that annoying "jaws of life" type case, when I heard something. I turned the disc over and saw that I had made a littkle crack in the little area around the hole of the disc. Come to think of it, I may have done this before. Does this is any way damage the DVD? Please help me calm my neurotic self.

Derek

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

If you took a chip out of it...just the plastic mind you, it should be fine. On the other hand, if there is actually an crack in the middle...you might be in trouble, because if you put it in your player...once it starts spinning it could expload and destroy your player with it.

If you have a digital camera or a scanner, this would be a good time to use it. We could take a look at the damage.

3. Derek U

Matt,

Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera, but I took another look, and it appears to be just the plastic. Does that mean it's OK?

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

As far as I know, it should be. I'm by no means an expert though.

5. Derek U

I just did some quick research on the net, and found out that the plastic layer mainly serves as protection of the data, and a place to put the label, so between that and what you have told me, I think it will be alright.

Thanks,

Derek

6. Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget Supporting Actor

Let's hope it's all right, Derek. But I suggest you be very careful and don't do that again...

7. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

DOOM to the "jaws of DEATH" hubs!!! [​IMG]
    Horrid things!!