What's new

Did I get a Lemon? (1 Viewer)

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi folks,
This is my first post although I have lurked here for a while and am really impressed with this forum and its members/conduct. Hats off to the moderators as well for running a class act.
Unfortunately for me, I have run into a problem. I'll give a run down of my equipment first(fairly humble compared to some here) : Energy 22.3 Mains
Energy AC-300 Center
Energy RVSS Surrounds
Energy e:xl-S12 Subwoofer
Marantz SR-7000 Receiver
Integra Research DPC-5.1 DVD Player
Anthem MCA 5 Power amp
Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette Deck
Sony Trinitron KV-32s40
I got my sony TV last night (used) to replace my 27" Panasonic. I had to slide my wall unit over about 6 feet because it will not hold a 32" TV. Fair enough, I hooked everything up and it worked great. When I woke up this morning I went to turn on my system and there is no sound comming out of the amp. I hooked up the speakers to my Marantz receiver and there was sound. I checked all my connections as well as reseated the cables just in case. I just bought the Anthem last weekend and I love it. It was their showroom model that they had for only a month on the floor. Can anyone think of anything I may have overlooked ? Or do you think that I just got a lemon?
Thanks for any thoughts/info.
Sean
[Edited last by Sean D on September 09, 2001 at 02:34 PM]

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I have that anthem too and also think highly of it. Does the green pilot light come on ? Do you hear the solonoid click a few seconds after powering on ? Check all speaker hookups (both ends) for wire filiment shorts.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Sounds like it may be a blown fuse in the amp?
Do you get any signal that there is power to the amp when you turn it on?
jeff peake

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Brian and Jeff,
Thanks for the reply. The green light comes and and there is a click in the amp when I turn it on but no faint pop in the speakers like there used to be on power up.
[Edited last by Sean D on September 09, 2001 at 02:33 PM]

Kudret

Stunt Coordinator
Sean D,
Sorry about your problem. I just wanted to know how much you paid for your Anthem. Thanks.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Kudret,
Thanks. I bought the amp at StereoPlus for $2250. I found it at another shop for $2000 but StereoPlus offered me a no interest 24 month plan that I couldn't refuse. It's a great sounding amp and really makes a difference in my setup. My next step will be to find a pre/pro to replace my Marantz.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
You might want to try running all your speakers through your receiver and see if that works...

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks alot Bob, that's how I have it set up now. Works fine. Looks like I'm going to have to bring the amp back.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
If you havn't solved this problem yet, try plugging it into its own outlet. Confirm that it is set up for the right voltage. Make sure the power mode switch is not set to trigger mode.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice Brian,
I did all of the above with no success. I think I will have to have the amp sent back to Anthem. The store has none in stock and they are on back order supposedly ,so it might be quicker to have it fixed and sent back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks