Did I get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffSKing, Sep 7, 2002.

1. JeffSKing

JeffSKing Auditioning

So,

I made up my mind to get a panasonic PT53wx52 last week. Had a large amount of gift certificates from BestBuy so I figured nows the time to use them.

BB ended up ordering me the PT53WX42 (no screen shield version) cause the don't offer the WX52. Tried for several days to get them to special order but no luck.

They finally offered a very nice discount on either the Toshiba 50H82 or the Sony KP51WS500 since they couldnt get me the unit I wanted. (Pretty darn close to the Panasonic price but a little higher)

I'll be the first to admit that this is all new to me. I have several friends that are into gaming and they all use Panasonics. Since my kids like games I figured it was good enough for me and the price was right. Never had a RPTV before and many of the things that are discussed on this forum are foreign to me.

After storing at the floor models for a couple of days I finally decided to go with the Sony. Should be delivered next week.

So, How did I do? (remember, no one likes to have their baby called ugly!)

Thanks.
    JSK

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You're getting a nice set, but it's hard to know if you got a good deal or not without knowing what you're paying.

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter