What's new

did I buy too much sub? pb2-ultra in 12 x 17.5 x 7.5 room? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Pre ordered a pb2-ultra last week when the deal came up and am wondering if I should change my order. I have been set on getting the pb2+ for a while now and when the ultra deal came up i jumped on it. I know it is overkill for my room, but It is the sub I want. My only concern is it wont live up to its potential in my 12 x 17 x 7.5 full-enclosed room. Does this sub need to be at a certain volume to sound good, or will the sound quality be just as good in my room even though I am not using as much of the juice as someone in a bigger room? I listen at or near reference levels most of the time. Eric at svs assured me I would be ok, but just want some opinions from some svs users out there. Will I be good with this purchase or not?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Not to worry. Erik did not mislead you. Sure your going to have plenty of headroom but you can rest assured that is a good problem versus not enough.

Your statement It is the sub I want bolsters my belief that your not going to be happy with another option. Your always going to wonder and that will take it's tole over time. Many of us have more than what we need, but this is the good old USA you know;) I just sent a perfectly capable Ultra back myself so I could opt for the new 2-Ultra and introductory pricing.

If this is your first SVS purchase you are going to be all ;) ;) ;) ;)'s

Congrats on your new purchase.

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
That sub will be MORE than enough. I am planning on building a 2800 cu.ft. dedicated room in my basement next year, and SVS recommended I go with a PB2+. At a bit over half the cubic feet, you should be more than equipped with a PB2 Ultra...

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
There is no such thing as too much sub. The only downside is spending more than needed to acheive the target clean output in a given room. The sub will not underperform when playing quieter than it is capable, which appears to be what you are worried about. Headroom is all good. Look at it this way- with your purchase, you will never ever have to worry about a sub upgrade.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Remember that the Ultra driver is also just a better driver overall, in addition to more output. So, your quality of bass will be better even at volumes that wouldn't strain a Plus.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"I have been set on getting the pb2+ for a while now and when the ultra deal came up i jumped on it. I know it is overkill for my room, but It is the sub I want. My only concern is it wont live up to its potential in my 12 x 17 x 7.5 full-enclosed room."

Overkill? Todd...listen: you'll be just fine; trust me! ;)

"There is no such thing as too much sub."

Right on!... :emoji_thumbsup:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
I once had a 16-46PC+ and a Velo HGS-12II operating in opposing corners in a 10x12 room. The sound was probably the best I have ever heard - IMHO there is no such thing as too much sub!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks