What's new

Did i buy the right cord? (1 Viewer)

marsh00

Auditioning
Real Name
Evab
Hello, i am completely new to this so i thought id just start super simple.

I want to hook up 5 speakers and a subwoofer up, i just bought a cord to go from my subwoofer to my receiver. The cord i bought was called a shielded RCA video cable. The man at the store said it was the right one. But you can see why im confused? Video? shouldn't i be getting a audio cable.

You probably cant tell me without my receiver brand etc. But its just a male to male rca connection on both my receiver and my subwoofer.

The instructions on the back talk about connecting it to a video jack, on the back it says it works with receivers but im guessing some sort of video component. Will this video cord? work?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Yeah, that should work fine, as long as it's long enough. He sold you a video cable because it's 75 ohm, and should be better than a regular audio cable. Shielded is good too. This is one of the times the salesperson did something right.
Enjoy!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The video version of the cord with RCA connections handles a higher frequency range than the audio, so you'll be fine. (If you paid a lot for it; you might consider trading down.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
absplumbing
Recent bookmarks