What's new

Did he deserve it? (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Oh, man, what a comeuppance! :emoji_thumbsup:

The part that cracks me up is "there is no chance for reconciliation." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope The Smoking Gun posts the final divorce decree, as well as the settlement. :emoji_thumbsup:

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Wow!

As I was reading the article, selling the car sounded extremely harsh for one comment. But then I read that this was only his latest thing so, yeah, I'd say he had it coming.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
"Last July, according to The Independent of London, Shaw upset his then-pregnant wife by saying on-air that he fantasized about sex with her sister. When she tearfully called to complain, he put her on air as well."

Did he deserve it? Are you kidding me? :thumbsdown::D She certainly hit him where it hurts.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Call me a cynic, but this whole thing screams publicity stunt.

The scorned wife who happens to be married to a radio personality, the bidding ends via buy-it-now after 5 minutes (which anyone who has used ebay in the US knows you auction often doesn't show up in the search enginer for an hour or more.)

I would say since almost no money changed hands, the cost of the auction was a few bucks- buying more publicity for this guy and his show that a million dollars in advertising.

-V

Kevin T

Screenwriter
hmmm, i think vince has a point. it seems to take 50 f'ing forevers before the auction actually appears. as far as the car goes, i side with mr. vincent vega's comments after his car was keyed.

kevin t

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
A zero feedback buyer. Either he is the luckiest guy in the world surfing ebay or this is a setup deal.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Look what she bought on ebay the day before: Listing :laugh:

If it turns out to be real it certainly wont be the first time a scorned spouse has given away their partners' expensive prized possessions.

There was a high profile divorce case a couple years back where the wife sold their million dollar home for a small fraction of its value. Apparently she was the one with all the money, and even though the house was in her name, Texas community property law gives each spouse 50% of the assets regardless of who actually paid for it. So by selling the house for only a few thousand dollars it meant instead of getting several hundreds of thousands of dollars, he got a few thousand. :emoji_thumbsup:

Last I heard he sewed her, but I wouldn't be surprised if for nothing more than spite she paid for a winning defense.

Never underestimate the furry of a woman scorned!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
On the other hand, if its real,she married someone who she knew was a shockjock.

He may not mean any of the things he says.

Its just his job to be as much of a disgusting pig as possible.

SarahG

Second Unit
That's really funny. I've heard a few DJs in the past say things I couldn't believe and I know they had wives. I guess it's all an act, but it can be taken too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks