What's new

Did Genesis ever perform these songs live? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
-For Absent Friends
-A Trick of the Tail
-Blood on the Rooftops

These are some of my favorite Collins-sung tracks, and so far I've come up empty. Come on, if they could perform something as obscure as "Harlequin" live, surely they may have done these three before the band fell to crap??

For anyone wondering when I think they "fell to crap", I'd say it was on the day Phil showed up at the studio and said "So, I've got this new song called 'Misunderstanding'..." :D

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator
"Misunderstanding" is far from my favorite song, but it's on a damn fine album. Duke is incredible.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Oh, I wasn't implying Duke as a whole was bad. I can listen to Genesis until Abacab (a pop album, but a great, original, pop album). But that's the song that, for me, signals the beginning of the end. When I'm feeling less generous, I can pin the blame on "Your Own Special Way", but let's not go there :D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know they have never done Blood on The Rooftops live (it's one of my favorite songs). But the last Steve Hacket live album/DVD he does it.

I think I have a boot where they do Trick Of The Tail but I'll have to check.

I actually like Misunderstanding, but I can understand why you don't like it, but how could you like And Then There Were Three. (I hate that album).

I liked the "Yellow" album and about half the songs on Invisible Touch (except the title track which sucks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.)

The last Phil album (We Can't Dance) was so Adult Contemporary that I skipped Calling All Stations all together.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Larry,

This is the second time I have read you hate And Then There Were Three. Why do you dislike it so much? What songs don't you like?

joe goswami

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Goswami
Calling All Stations is when they became the Black Sabath of Prog Rock.

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
I once found a live version of Blood on the Rooftops, it was an mp3 on a Genesis web site, I don't remember where, also off the subject a little, although they have been in print for a while, has anyone been to Paul Whitehead's site. He's the artist who painted the second,third,and fourth Genesis album covers, among other things. He has lithograph prints of Tresspas, Nursery Cryme, and Foxtrot. I just recieved my Nursery Cryme print, it is beautiful framed.

Derek

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Peter,

And Then There Were Three just didn't grab me as much as their previous albums, or Duke or even Abacab for that matter. None of the songs stood out for me, I felt the songs were neither groovy like their artier stuff, nor poppy like their later stuff. I felt that the album really suffered without the influence of Steve Hackett. It's just my opinion.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Larry,

That's fine. I was just curious because it is not an album that I hear many people say they hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks