What's new

Did Dennis Miller get canceled? (1 Viewer)

Brent Joye

Agent
Dennis made a couple of comments the other night like "How many jobs can a guy lose in one year?" that made me think his show is getting canceled. Am I the last one to know?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I was wondering the same thing. I did a quick search of Variety and other entertainment news, but found nothing.

- Steve

Brent Joye

Agent
Glad I'm not the only one wondering. He made at least one other comment that sounded like the axe had fallen, but I can't remember what it was.

Brent Joye

Agent
NOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm crushed. The most intelligent and insightful comedy show is over. I hope HBO can find another forum for him.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
HBO should replace "Dennis Miller Live" with "Politically Incorrect". :)
Personally, I'm not a big fan of "Dennis Miller Live", mostly because he always seemed oddly uncomfortable and nervous. His recent comments about arabs and Palestinians didn't make me like him more, but otherwise he is a decent comedian.
/Mike

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I meant to post about this earlier, but kept forgetting. The New York Post reported this cancellation as a rumor last week, but it wasn't officially confirmed until Friday. E! Online didn't even have it first thing this morning.

I think this is just the formal decision on something that's been brewing for a while. I know the show's director, and she was saying at the start of the current season that it would be the last. I can't get too worked up about it. After 10 years, the format's gotten tired, and it's time Miller tried something else.

M.

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I always loved his show. He even changed his theme song this year and the guests were getting worse and worse. I still wish he wasn't fired.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I've been a huge fan of Miller's for years and I've seen him live several times (on tour, not a taping of his show).

As much as I like him, I can't help but think he's turned into a bit of an old crank the last couple of seasons. He seems increasingly out of touch, as evidenced by his comments about Jimmy Fallon the last couple of weeks.

He seems like he's tired of the show, so maybe it is time for him to move on to a new project.

Brent Joye

Agent
For some of us, sports are entertainment, so mixing the two is a good thing. I personally tuned in to a lot more MNF because Dennis was on there. Sure, he's not Bob Costas or Al Michaels, but he's a lot better than the aged out football stars and coaches that can't form a sentence. People like Jerry Glanville, The Tuna, Deion, and Phil Simms come to mind. Those are the worst sports commentators ever in my book.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
NOOOO!! (oh wait, someone already made that comment)
I can't believe that HBO would cancel Miller :thumbsdown:
:frowning:

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I love Miller and though I'm sad to see his show go, he's had a GREAT run, winning Emmy's, lasting 9 years, etc. I'm sure he'll find something new.

As for his Jimmy Fallon comments, Dennis couldn't be more correct. Fallon may very well be the most untalented SNL member. Tina Fey outclasses him every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks