What's new

Did Bad Taste actually get released today? (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The websites and even calls to Best Buy yesterday showed a release of 11/20. Well, a call to all the Best Buys in the area comes back with an 11/27 release date. Did I miss something or are they on something.

Has anyone been able to pick this up from a B&M or receive it in the mail?

"This is a job for real men"

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Didn't see any copies of BT at my local Best Buy today, but I did pick up The Stuntman L.E. for $20.00. :)

Gabriel Tolosa

Auditioning
Just picked mine up at a Best Buy in Dallas for $24.99. They had only 3 copies when i got there-found them in the horror section. I'm thinking most Best Buys should have them too.

Gabe

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I stopped by Best Buy today, hoping to pick it up. I didn't see it on the shelf, so I asked the clerk. He looked it up on the computer, and told me it wasn't scheduled to come out until next Tuesday, the 27th.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
That's the same line they gave me. I can only guess that only some of the bigger sites got them and the rest were delayed a week.

Julie K

Screenwriter
My Best Buy gave me the same "not releasing until 11/27" story, and in a very patronizing manner that really set me on edge. And they guy they had working in the DVD section said "I don't know a lot about movies" :rolleyes
But no, it really did come out on the 20th, and it looks like some Best Buys are being their usual idiotic selves. This one used to be notorious for being a week or two behind street date. Lately they had been getting much better (and seeming to forget what street date was all about with some titles), but alas they have fallen back to their old habits. They also did not have the AB Dr Who discs which released yesterday.
"I'm a Derek. Derek's don't run"

M

MaxY

My Best Buy had two copies of the LE and one copy of the AB Non LE.

I bought both of the LE copies.

Max

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I just came back from buying mine at Best Buy. They had copies of the 2-disc set and the single disc.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
How is this film? Is it good or just bad taste!? Worthy of the name of the Lord of the Rings director?

M

MaxY

Sam,
It is low budget and low quality, but it is gross and has a very good sense of humor to it.
This was Jackson first full length movie and it was not really inteded to get that far. :) It is a great look into the beginings of a good director.
Think of it like this...Clerks is to Kevin Smith as Bad Taste is to Jackson. Clerks was very rough around the edges but it was funny and you could see the director's talent and at least Bad Taste is in Color.
Max

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Don't forget the sheep.... :)
What aspect ratio is this on the AB disc. I have the Canadian full frame version....
Also, how did they handle the cover? Does it have the proper finger....? I thought they were using a lenticular lens on that.

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
The local Best Buy here had two copies of the LE, but alas; no reg. edition (the one that I was going to buy)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Well, I was a tad, just a tad mind you, testy with my local Best Buy yesterday when they claimed the release date was next Tuesday. Well, today, I found two copies of the LE and one copy of the regular Bad Taste on the shelves. :rolleyes:
For those wondering about this title: it's wonderful. It's a rough first film that IMO is just wonderful. It is not only my favorite Peter Jackson film, but also my favorite film of all time. This probably says more about me than the film, but what the heck.
Anyway, I am now the proud owner of the LE and have another coming via online ordering (which I don't mind one bit - this is a title I don't mind having two copies of) and wow, oh wow, is the picture and sound just wonderful. This is the best this film could ever possibly look and sound. :emoji_thumbsup:

M

MaxY

They dealt with the finger in two ways on the LE.
First there is one of those plastic lentigualted (Is that the word) so from one angle it is a peace sign and from the other it is a bird. :)
Then they (At least all the ones I saw) had a sticker on the exterior wrapper covering a good portion of the hand.
The Non LE one was just the peace sign, I think.
Max

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks