1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Did Artisan re-release the original version of Terminator 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Clark, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Second Unit

I saw where Best Buy's recent flier had the "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" DVD listed at $4.99. It appears to be the original DVD version that was released in 1997 and not the Ultimate Edition released in 2000. Now my questions are:

1) Wasn't this version discontinued back in the year 2000 after the Ultimate Edition was released?

2) If this is the old version, is it worth $4.99? I know there were some minor issues with both the transfer and the audio quality.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I just think it's BB trying to clear stock of an overpurchased disc. If you don't have it, it's worth it for $5.40

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

The Best Buy deal is phenomenal - no doubt about it.
    But, if you want the definitive Terminator 2 - then you want the Ultimate Edition - make no mistake about it. Everything you could want of T2 is included (except the Guns N Roses video). [​IMG]

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

The new disc doesn't have the French and Spanish tracks, or the Descriptive Video Service track. I was almost going to buy the old one just for those, but I've already got this on LD and VHS besides the new DVD, and that's just ENOUGH!