Did anyone tape/tivo Do Over 10/17 thursday?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Farley, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

Help, we missed it! Can anyone dub it for us? We'll send you a new tape.

Thank you!

2. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Sorry, I deleted it from my TiVo already. I can offer a synopsis if you're interested.

The whole story revolves around an important baseball game. Originally, Joel went down swinging for the last out in the championship game. As he looked around, everyone was laughing and pointing and he felt humiliated. His entire plan was to avoid this situation happening again. At first he tries to get out of the game by feigning sickness, but this fall's through when the doctor mentions the necessity of an emergency catheter. His second plan is to insist upon visiting his ailing grandfather (who merely has a cold). This backfires on him because the coach calls his bluff and has the grandfather brought to the game. Joel's buddy Brody is trying to avoid breaking his wrist, because Joel told him that he had missed the game previously because of having broken it. Their mutual friend Isabelle is having a bad hair day to end all bad hair days with a massive perm. Originally she stayed at home to hide her hair instead of attending the game. The end of the game arrives with Brody's wrist unbroken, frizzy-head Isabelle sitting in the stands, and Joel's grandpa in attendance. These three events (all being different than the original events) convince Joel that he can change his fate. He steps up to bat and goes down swinging. Everyone is angry or laughing again. Instead of running home in shame (as he had done originally) he stays at the ballfield. He quickly finds out that his father was angry at the neighbor. The attractive blonde was laughing at two dogs humping. His mom was running away from the field to fetch the drinks. In other words, no big deal. He didn't change the outcome of the game, but he did manage to change his personal perception of the events. The final bit of comedy involved his grandfather falling on Brody and breaking Brody's wrist.

Anachronistic music selection of the week: I Ran - Flock of Seagulls (originally release in 1982, not 1981)

Brad