What's new

Did anyone see Teenage Caveman?.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is "What the hell?" That was truly a screwed up movie. It had an interesting premise. But, they messed it up. It was like watching the cast from the movie Kids do a Sci-fi movie. The most annoying being the boy with the shaved head. With a close second by the blond guy. Although, Judith was cute.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A few nice boobs though
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

AdamK

Grip
I saw this movie last night after about 20-30 minutes into it. My friend and i couldnt stop cracking up. At some points it seemed like they had no script and it was just going on. It had some of the best dialogue ever. I was suprised to find that it actually had a budget when they displayed the special effects. I also noticed it was made in loving memory for someone. Teenage Caveman would make me come back from the dead and reak havoc if it were made in loving memory of me.
Can anyone explain the ending to me. "If I have sex with you, you might die." cuts to sex scene. Then the main character goes back to the cave and says, "im taking the children." What does that all mean. I missed the beginning so maybe its far less random then i think.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
As if the kids from KIDS were in a sci-fi pic? Indeed--both KIDS and TEENAGE CAVEMAN were directed by Larry Clark. I was fascinated to see how he fit his usual obsession with teen sexuality into a sci-fi framework, even if the end result was somewhat lackluster.

AdamK

Grip
Did anyone notice that the main teenager (the one who dated the blond hair girl that remained human till the end) was in multiple episodes of "Are You Afraid of the Dark." Looks like his career has made a sudden shift.

Ted_Cogswell

Auditioning
Is this a remake of the 1958 Roger Corman movie of the same name? IMDb doesn't say one way or the other, but it lists the late Samuel Z. Arkoff among it's producers, so I'm guessing there's some connection. All in all, this sounds like something I need to check out!
[Edited last by Ted_Cogswell on October 30, 2001 at 08:26 AM]

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
In October, Cinemax unveiled four in-name-only remakes of Arkoff AIP "Creature Features," SHE CREATURE, HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER, EARTH VS. THE SPIDER, and TEENAGE CAVEMAN. Stan Winston Studio supplied the makeup EFX for each.
They were all watchable, if nothing terribly special. SC had a "monster mermaid" angle, HOW TO has been updated to the videogames milieu (and directed by George Huang, who helmed the Hollywood hate letter SWIMMING WITH SHARKS with Kevin Spacey); EARTH was a FLY/SPIDER-MAN monster/crime drama in a noirish setting (co-starring Dan Aykroyd and Theresa Russell, of all people); and CAVEMAN was, well, a Larry Clark sci-fi movie. Once he shot the sex-and-drugs stuff I'm sure he left the monster angle to his A.D.'s.
These will no doubt be reycled endlessly on Max, then turned out on VHS/DVD, maybe with special features. Their (black) hearts are in the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks