Did anyone see Rosie on O'Reilly last night???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Reno, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I've never been a fan of Rosie but after last night I have to give her far more respect than I ever thought I would! I was very suprised to hear that she was appearing on his show.
    I was especially impressed by her take on the September 11th fund raising. Her idea that any "star" that wants to appear on the show should pony up $1,000,000 each was a real eye-opener. So was the fact that none of the actors/actresses that she contacted were willing to do so!
    Although I disagree with her on some issues, anyone who is willing to be as honest and as frank as she was deserves some kuddos IMO. To go on TV and admit that you were wrong on various issues, plain and simple, is something you rarely see celebs do.
    BTW, lets try and not have this thread dissolve into a nasty political debate!

2. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I had exactly the same feeling after seeing this. I have a new point of view regards her and I think she is "stand up"! And to be there with O'Reilly and it NOT turn into a free for all....was admirable on both sides.

3. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Is there any place to get a transcript?

4. Dennis Reno

I don't know Ike. Check out FoxNews.com. Also, I would guess that O'Reilly will replay the interview, maybe this weekend.
    Here is a partial transcript:
    Rosie on O'Reilly

5. Jason Boucher

Jason Boucher Stunt Coordinator

I'm glad to hear this. I always loved Rosie's show, being a big fan of Broadway. Also, her knowledge of pop culture rivals many on this board. I disagreed with her on a lot of issues, but I'm glad she is able to defend her positions in the arena. She also is a great philanthropist and tries to keep it relatively silent. Too bad she is lesbian, because I always thought we were soulmates.

6. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

I still can't stand Rosie but after seeing that interview I have a lot more respect for her. And she did a good job of putting that Oreilly(sp?) asshole in his place.

7. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter

8. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

It was actually a pretty non-issue interview; once she and O met on the common ground of growing up IC on LI, they were pretty sympatico on many issues. Which is fine.

I was turned off by the editing. Whose "people" didn't want to do it live, and whose "people" had final, Lucas-like say over what got edited out or left in, Rosie's or O's. Editing is bad.

And I hate when O asks stuff like, "What do you think OF ME?" I wish I had a direct line to his earpiece so I could tap in and say, "Bill, that's why people don't like you; because you're really pompous and overly concerned with your image. Get to the issues, man!"

O is still the best interviewer on TV these days, and Rosie's head is still HUGE. How does she lift that thing?

MC

9. Dennis Reno

10. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
  11. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

I'm also afraid that O is getting soft. After I lost interest and respect for Howard (Stern -- who I grew up listening to, over 15 years, until he botched his whole moral stance by getting divorced), a fellow long-time Stern fan suggested I check out O, who really was carrying on Howard's early, no-holds-barred political interview style (way way early, before Howard got all distracted by stardom and sex and crap). Of course, I love that O goes after ANYONE, and I love the whole concept of the NO SPIN ZONE. He's a real bulldog of a journalist.

But now, with best selling books and a syndicated radio show, I have noticed that he's getting a little soft. That's the worst thing that could happen to political discourse on US TV: a kinder, gentler O'Reilly.

Still, some nights he's so damn good that he has me jumping up and down and shouting with glee at the TV. Some nights, he reminds me of Howard, circa 1982.

MC

12. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

13. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

FYI - I caught the end of his show Tuesday night and the Rosie interview will be re-run on Saturday night (3/30). Check your local listings. I'll be recording it. Can't believe I missed it Monday.

Peace,

DM

14. Dennis Reno

Thanks for the heads-up Dave. I have several coworkers who were asking about it. I'll have to drop them a line with the info.

15. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    According to email I get from FOX, it will replay this coming friday night.

16. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Scooter,

That may be true, but Bill did say "Saturday" in regards to the replay at the end of last night's show. I'll check his show again tonight.

Peace,

DM

17. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

Thanks for posting the transcript of the show.
    Wow... sounds like Rosie may have finally opened her eyes. It's about time.
    Post edited by admin - please discuss politics elsewhere.