What's new

Did anyone see Chupacabra on Sci Fi over the weekend???? (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Not usually the type of movie I watch, especially if it is a Sci Fi original movie but it looked so bad I tivoed it. Boy was it a low budget mess. From the acting to the special effects to the creature itself. If you have had a few drinks and are with some friends that have maybe smoked something good, this is one you gotta see

http://www.scifi.com/chupacabra/

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I didn't know "Chupacabra" spawned a TV movie! (And the only reason I know "Chupacabra" is that if you search for Touching Evil 3 at DeepDiscount, you will find the cover art shown for . . ."Chupacabra". It's been that way for months and months.)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Although this was a cheesey "b" monster flick, I actually enjoyed it. The cheesyness is what made it fun. It had some pretty good makeup work too, especially the "Day of the Dead" type guy torn in half sequence. The monster was pretty well made up too. Too bad the acting was dismal. This reminded me of the old Roger Corman "b" horror movies of my 50's - 60's childhood; reminiscent also of the old "Kolchak: The Nightstalker" television series!:D

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
They did pay John Rhys-Davies for his work in the LOTR films didn't they? The wife just about went Chupacabra on my ass for not changing the channel to something else. :)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
If you liked Chupacabra, get your hands on Frankenfish . I caught it one Saturday on Sci-Fi and it is bad! Definitely fits the "low budget mess" profile. Enjoy!

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Yeah, seen "Frankenfish" alright, "Chupacabra" was A+ material compared to that. I liked the head biting off sequences in "Frankenfish" though.:D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Who greenlights these movies. Bonnie Hammer didn't have the money for Farscape but she has enough for these Sci Fi original movies??

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Now, now, once in a while, the Sci-Fi channel churns out a decent.....well, semi-decent film. Can't think of the last (ahem) semi-decent original film I saw on Sci-Fi though.:frowning: Wasn't "Beyond Re-Animator" made for the Sci-Fi Channel? If it was, that was the last one.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
One that I actually enjoyed was "Terminal Invasion", with Bruce Campbell. Of course, it helps that I'm a huge BC fan, I guess...

Some of these Sci-Fi originals can be a fun ride as long as you check your brain at the door...

"Sasquatch", anyone? :D

Chris

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, being a fan of Adult Swim, when I heard Chupacabra, I laughed my head off. All I could think of was Hesh explaining Chupacabra and Quinn yelling "Holy s*** Chupacabra!" "Oh damn! Bullets!"

:)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
As soon as I saw the title of the movie, I immediately thought of the X-Files episode "El Mundo Gira". I had never even heard the term before that, but I've since read a few things about it...

Actually, I was just flipping channels and I see that the movie's on Sci-Fi right this moment...again...

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
You know..., sometimes a good laugh can be appreciated. This movie is so bad, it locks you in. All I have to sing is La Chupacabra, La Chupacabra, la la la la la la la.., La Chupacabra, La Chupacabra, la la la la la la laaaaaaa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks