Did anyone see American Dreams last night (11-10-02)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt MacFarlane, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Matt MacFarlane

Matt MacFarlane Stunt Coordinator

I missed it and I wanted to know what happened.

Thanks

2. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

lessee:

meg's friend made a deal with the local record store owner to get the bandstand stars to sign copies of their 45's to sell in the store for big money. the stage manager or whoever he is(the one that's kinda sweet on meg) caught her and kindly asked that she quit.

her mom is auditing an english course at the college(taught by robbie benson), and is constantly late home to prepare dinner, which bugs jack. the prof tells her she should be taking it for credit, and convinces her to write the essay that the others have to. she's a bit late with it, as she has to use the library typewriters, and they were all being used, and at the very end, you see jack bringing one hoime from the shop that they had repaired, and it looks as if he may even type the paper up for her. may be temptations of romance between her and the prof.

jj's best friend turns out to be a bit of a rascist, playing tricks on the new kid, jj rats him out, and he gets benched for the big game(does philly really play football this late in the season-it's almost christmas). they're losing, so jj tells the coach they need him to win, so he gets put in for the last play, and of course catches the pass and goes all the way with it for the winning td. jj throws a big block for him, but their relationship is still strained after the game.

the hotel backs out of the deal for the tv's from jack, and so now he's stuck with 30+ sets that he's already bought, and can't sell now. causes some stress at home about finances and spending, on top of not having dinner ready, etc. still brings home the typewriter at the end.

clerk at the local record store seems to have a crush on meg, and keeps slipping her a copy of dylan's "mr. tambourine man" instead of the pop stuff she buys(sounds familier). finally tells her he'll listen to her stuff if she'll listen to it, gives it to her free("it's a promotional copy") and so the final scene is her listening to it, but then ripping it off and putting on "my boyfriend's back" and dancing in her room.

i think vh1 is running episodes from this, i know i saw it on there, but can't remember if it was the next weekend or when they were replaying it. it may be they'll run sunday's episode this coming saturday or sunday during the day. may want to look into it.

3. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Good show. It's like a dramatic version of The Wonder Years. Without Fred Savage to boot! =)