1. I just got my rejection notice (!)

I remember sending both receipts (Glengarry GlenRoss and Total Recall SE) along with the Total Recall proof of purchase.

I'm a little fuzzy on this since it was a month ago, but I believe I used a PoP from the shinny slip case on TR.

I was, however, unable to find a proof of purchase anywhere on or in the packaging for Glengarry GlenRoss.

Did anyone get their $5 back on Glengarry GlenRoss?

2. Reagan

Reagan Supporting Actor

Reagan
    I did. It was a couple of months ago that I sent it in, but I think I cut out the entire UPC thing because nothing else looked like a good candidate. It killed me to deface my own stuff...

The other thing that may have contributed is that my "other" DVD was one I had bought recently. I remember Robert Harris saying that his was rejected because his other DVD in the deal was purchased too long ago - even though there were no date restrictions in the rules.

-Reagan

3. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

i never sent in because i didn't want to cut the UPC. plus, i went by the sticker on the front and bought Dune on;y to find out that "Dune" meant the lame TV version. i did buy The Doors later but still couldn't cut the cover.

4. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I received my rejection notice also. All I got back was an automated rejection notice and they kept all of my stuff so I'll never see the $5. They didn't even include a reason for the rejection, but I'm pretty sure that it's due to the lack of POP for Glengarry. I had a feeling all along that I was going to have this rejected, but assumed that Artisan had made an error in the printing of the package and would surely coordinate that with the people handling the rebate.

Since there was no Proof of Purchase on the Glengary box, I assumed that it was not needed and also noted that you had to buy the movie in order to get the rebate form. I also thought that possibly my case was a printing error and compared it to all other Artisan discs that I owned and even went to Best Buy to look at the other copies on the shelf.

I included all required items and even wrote on the receipt that there was no POP anywhere on the package.

There was no way that I was going to cut out the entire UPC from the back of the box and that was not stated on the rebate form either. This was handled very poorly by Artisan.

I am absolutely furious and as of now, I will never buy another Artisan title no matter how bad I want it. Especially since, I bought a couple of titles that I didn't really want that bad in order to claim the rebate.

5. I share your feelings entirely.

This is outrageous!

How can we be expected to send in a non-existent (or unidentified) proof of purchase?

Cutting out the barcode did not occur to me, at least.

If anyone has contact information for Artisan, please post so we can all 'share' our feelings with them as well...

6. DennisP

DennisP Stunt Coordinator

I received a rejection notice also....The PoP I sent in was from the Reservior Dogs (RD)..and the rejection notice indicated that the PoP was not the correct PoP to qualify for the rebate. I immediately fired back a letter indicating that the PoP's were the correct ones. The PoP for RD is on the insert under the plastic covering on the DVD case and labeled as such....I'm thinking they were looking for the UPC on the cardboard sleeve. I fortunately kept a photo copy of the whole deal and sent them the photocopy...along with my letter explaining exactly what I did and their mistake with the UPC. On the photo copy of all the rebate info, I highlighted all the items with arrows. I wrote and made drawings so a "first grader" would get the idea. In 3 weeks I got my $5 rebate

7. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

This is the contact information for Artisan as posted on The Digital Bits.

Artisan Entertainment (formerly Live)
    15400 Sherman Way, Suite 500
    Van Nuys, CA 91406
    (310) 449-9200

Web site: http://www.artisanent.com/HomeEntertainment/index.html

I'll be writing a letter and letting them know of my extreme displeasure with this rebate as well as the handling of many of their recent releases. This company is a joke.

Here's a few examples that I'm aware of.
    *Re-issue of "Tree's Lounge" in P&S
    *Screwed up transfer on "Reservoir Dogs"
    *Re-issue of "The Quiet Man" in SE with the same horrific transfer
    *And now the screwed up rebate for "Glengarry"

8. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Eric:

Don't forget the P&Sing of "The Sicilian" and "Sleepless."