What's new

did anyone get april fooled this year? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Is it me, or does April Fools Day just suck now? Did anyone get fooled today? Did anyone bother to fool anyone else?

It's like Halloween. All the fun's been sucked out of everything. Hasn't it?

:frowning:

MC

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I fooled my brother.

2 weeks ago I had my appendix and gall bladder taken out.
I called him today and said I just got back from emerg. They took an X-ray and it turns out the surgeon left a sponge inside of me and I'm scheduled to go back under the knife on Tuesday.

He totally bought it too.He said I should call my lawyer and they should write letters to everyone. I said "yeah, and the letter will open with APRIL FOOLS!"

He thought it was a pretty good one.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I fooled my gf this AM and just got fooled by Dave Boulet's blu-Ray review....
Karma.
:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was okay until I saw Dave Boulet's post. Damn HTF, playing on my lust. :)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
Micah, was April Fool's ever personally fun that you seem wistful about it? Or are you just longing for the return a public hoax-meister like P.T. Barnum?

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I guess it was never really fun for me, personally.

Barnum put up a sign: THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS. Everyone walked down that short hall and pushed open the door... Only to find themselves outside, having to pay AGAIN to get back into the exhibit. Brilliant.

I guess I'm nostalgic for stuff like that, nostalgic for stuff I never really knew.

:frowning:

Hey... Where'd my hour go?! Ah, that's another thread.

MC

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
The only April Fool's stuff I ever experience these days is online. The entirety of www.homestarrunner.com was upside-down yesterday. And the obscenity filter on the forums at www.hcrealms.com filtered out the word "the" all day. It's still doing it this morning. That's pretty funny. A few of us have taken to using "el" to avoid confusion. Or possibly to add to it...

James T

Screenwriter
My friend planned a 3-month long April Fools joke by saying he was moving to Connecticut (from Toronto). So Friday night, it was his going away party at the local bar. He gave his speech close to midnight thanking everyone for coming out and how much he'll miss everyone. He then looks at his watch and when he sees it's past midnight, he yells out "April Fools!".

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I fooled my wife. I came running into the house saying "Get the camcorder, there's a bear in our neighbor's yard!" She came running to the window and was looking for the bear that of course wasn't there.

We live in a fairly populous area and while we have seen the odd deer on occasion, there probably haven't been bears around here for 300 years.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Richard, is your brother a Seinfeld fan? If not you could have told him that the surgeons somehow left a Junior Mint inside you. :D

I haven't been fooled in a while, I saw David's "review" on the list but I didn't go in. HA! Thought you could get me, huh? you'll have to get up pretty early in the mornin', David!

(i'm kidding, I actually had no idea it was fake, I just don't care for The Fifth Element) ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I avoided all April fooling this year. I didn't even log onto the HTF, after the crushing April Fool joke posting a couple of years ago that totally suckered me: London After Midnight found and arriving on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks