Did anyone elses "Scanners" DVD come w/o a booklet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Strang, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

I thought it odd even for a cheap MGM release to have nothing inside.
    ------------------
    Tobor realized the error in his logic and fully understood the penalty of death from EMP.

2. David Echo

David Echo Stunt Coordinator

Don't know about the Scanners disk but none of the MGM Midnite Madness titles that I have purchased have come with a booklet. But that hasn't stopped me from picking them up. Too bad they didn't deem Scanners worthy of the SE treatment though.
    Hope this helps.
    Dave
    ------------------
    "To alcohol, The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer J. Simpson

3. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Is there an Echo in here?

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Yep, we've covered this ground before. But, while we're on the subject again, I found an aspect of it that's hilarious.
    I finally found and bought Blow Out yesterday at Sam's Club. It and a couple other new-but-inexpensive MGM titles (like Dressed to Kill SE) were all marked at $12.99, on a bargain bin table with _lots_ of other older MGM titles at the same price point.
    I picked up Blow Out, F/X, Desperately Seeking Susan, Class, and the first of the Pink Panther films, for $12.99 each.
    The hilarious thing is that Blow Out was, pound-for-pound, identical to Scanners and The Howling in terms of DVD stucture/supplements. Except for one thing: BO had a chapter stop insert, and the other two didn't.
    BUT, the other two list price for $14.95. BO lists for $19.95!
    $5 more for the Chapter Stop List insert?!?!?!?!?!? Like I said in another post, c'mon, MGM...this thing has to cost you maybe 50¢! Throw the bloody thing in there!
    Some of the older titles I picked up had an MGM "We Want To Hear From You!" survey card in them! In fact, F/X had 3 copies of this thing! [​IMG]
    Question 15 was "Please rate how valuable you find the following special features on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being very valuable and 5 being of no value." One of the items you could rank was "Collectible Booklet". But they didn't list an alternative like "Chapter Stop List". So I guess they don't think in those terms too much, even if one was included with Blow Out for an extra fiver.
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    Widescreen is Family Fun!
    [​IMG]
    P.S. - the survey card asks "How Many DVDs have you purchased in the last 6 months?". Highest choice was "21+". I had to cross that out and write in "335"!! [​IMG]
    [Edited last by David Lambert on September 03, 2001 at 07:04 AM]

6. Scott Strang

Actually every time I attempt to use "search", I get a "server load to high" message. This is no surprise especially considering the need for the drive going on now.
    This time, it didn't occur to me.
    Here's my hand; slap it. SLAP IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Tobor realized the error in his logic and fully understood the penalty of death from EMP.

7. Scott Strang

I also will continue to buy them simply because they're usually of good quality and the line contains films I've been wanting. Dressed to Kill, Invasion USA, etc.
    Scanners was purchased without having ever seen the movie.
    It's simply a part of my personal campaign to collect
    obscure or less than well known sci-fi titles.
    ------------------

8. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Yeah Scott, with over 800 posts, I kinda figured you would have used it. I think whenever MGM releases a batch of Midnight Movies, we should put a sticky at the top of the page that reiterates they don't come with inserts.
    ------------------
    Kyle³
    ------------------
    Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

9. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

10. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I find it a little rude of you people to put down persons who ask a question without first checking it on your holy search function. If this offends you, just don't answer. These people will either figure it out or someone less rude will answer.

11. Scott Strang

Jeff_HR from Toledo, Ohio, USA emitted these very words..