What's new

Did anyone else get a free Elton John SACD sampler from Sony ? (1 Viewer)

David Judah

Screenwriter
I got the sampler in the mail yesterday. I listened to it briefly and what I heard sounded very good. I'll have to check it out more in depth.

DJ

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Click below for track listing....

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/2637

That's a scan of my copy that I received from someone in the hi-fi press. Mine is still unopened. The disc was made by Viva Magnetics in Hong Kong, which was printed on the back of the sleeve.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I got the sampler as well. I think it was sent to anyone who has purchased a Sony SACD player in the last 3-4 years and submitted registration with Sony via their website. This isn't the first time I have received a free SACD from Sony. It's ironic as I was thinking the ohter day how I don't have a good set of headphones and I should look into getting some and all of a sudden I get a promotional package in the mail promoting the very thing I was contemplating days before. Not sure if the headphones are any good however.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Isn't anyone else catching the irony of this?

Elton John is a Universal Music artist, so the sampler SA-CD isn't even from a Sony Music artist...

Cheers,

David Judah

Screenwriter
I figured it was just because they recently reworked some of his albums like they did for Bob Dylan and Miles Davis awhile back.

DJ

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Here's an article at highfidelityreview.com on the joint marketing effort between Sony Electronics and Universal Music using this sampler.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Danny:

To me, it's fairly damning towards Sony Music's continued support of SA-CD when Sony Electronics has to resort to material from Universal Music to deliver a sampler.

David:

Dylan and Davis are both Sony Music label artists.

Cheers,

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I got one in the mail yesterday. I almost threw it away. I took the headphone book out and as I was dropping the big envelope in the trash, I realized there was something else in there. I think it's rather befuddling that Sony is promoting a competor's product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ixlr8