What's new

Did anyone else catch George Stephanopolous's Freudian slip? (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I was watching the news, and George Stephanopolous was speaking (former aide to President Clinton). He was talking about acts of terrorism, and quoted Pearl Harbor, The Oklahoma City Bombing, and the "Bombing of TWA Flight 800!"
WHAT???????
Weren't we told that TWA Flight 800 an accident, caused by a spark in the gas tank???? Not a terrorist act, or bombing?!?!?!?!?
Me thinks George knows more than he is willing to speak about.
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
Home theater photos located at
http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

Mitty

Supporting Actor
A mistake, sure, but Freudian? Had he put a T at the end of TWA, THAT would have been Freudian.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Yea, George and the 100 or so eye witnesses. The only ones who thought it was an accident was the NTSB.
Pete
------------------

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Freudian Slips are not necessarily about sex (although they can be).
The psychological term for a Freudian Slips is a Parapraxis.
The defination, from the New Oxford Dictionary
SYLLABICATION: par·a·prax·is
PRONUNCIATION: pr-prkss
NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. par·a·prax·es (-prksz)
A minor error, such as a slip of the tongue, thought to reveal a repressed motive.
So, therefore, my dear fiend . . . uhh. . . friend, you can see it is not a sexual term. That's about tit . . . I mean . . . it!
wink.gif

------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
[Edited last by Randy Tennison on September 12, 2001 at 08:38 PM]

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'm currently an aircraft maintenance technician for Delta Airlines. Have been for 13 years now and, I work all the large, international flights on the flightline itself, dealing with live aircraft.
And, I can honestly tell you that there is damn near ZERO chance that TWA 800 came down due to a spark in the fuel tank.
The coverup of that tragedy is truly staggering.....
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

CRyan

Screenwriter
Wow, does anyone have a clip of this to post or direct me too? I sure would like to see and hear it. I would also like for a news agency to pick up on it and discuss it at a later date.
C. Ryan
[Edited last by CRyan on September 12, 2001 at 08:51 PM]

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Anyone catch Colin Powell on the Today Show yesterday? He said something about murder being against "the 10 Comm....every religion in the world." That one made me smirk.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I don't know of any clip. We were watching the coverage on Tuesday, and he said this in the afternoon. Everyone in the room (granted, a room of investigators) said "What??? Oops!!! Did he just say bombing?"
I hope someone has a clip of this somewhere.
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
My Uncle's best friend was one of the witnesses to the missile attack on flight 800. Notice I say missile attack. This guy was a pilot and flew jets during Vietnam and he is 100% certain that the plane was shot down (probably by accident by our own forces).
Our news media is controlled. It's that simple. The fact that the media never, ever even doubted the NTSB despite the mountain of evidence AND the reliable witnesses is just astonishing and sickening.
Post edited by Administrator
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on September 13, 2001 at 03:35 PM]

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Members,
Please comply with the following message. Thank you.
Crawdaddy
posted by Ronald Epstein
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have had enough!
Though we are truly shocked and sympathetic over the cowardly acts of terrorism that occured on September 11th, we have decided not to LIMIT discussion of the events or aftermaths on this board.
Initially, we did allow our members to use this forum to help communicate their grief to each other. However, as usual, there are always the few that ruin it for everyone else.
Our Moderators have been working overtime these past few days editing and closing down threads that start off with civil discussion, but ultimately someone has to interject politics and/or religion into the thread.
We even had a death thread from some nitwit that didn't agree with another member.
We just cannot continue to concentrate our efforts in maintaining this area of Home Theater Forum. There are other board specifically designed for this type of discussion.
THE GUIDELINES ARE FOLLOWS....
* All discussion pertaining to the tragedy must remain on topic.
* Do not discuss how the United States should retaliate or respond to this tragedy nor your personal beliefs regarding accountability.
* Racist comments will result in your membership being removed.
* Please direct any complaints or comments about thread violations to the MODERATORS of the forum -- NOT THE OWNERS. The Moderators are monitoring this area. Emails sent to the owners will not get responded to as efficiently as those to the Moderators.
Ron & Parker
------------------

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure if that was a TWA plane. Was it?
Irving, TX was in the news yesterday, by the way.
/Mike

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Brian and Mike,
No, he had already mentioned the Pan Am flight over Lockerbee when he mentioned the TWA 800 "Bombing". He wasn't confused.
Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks