Did anyone catch Frank DeCaro's Interview With George Feltenstein today?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Dick, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Why can't they clone him so every studio can have one?

JoelA and ahollis like this.
  2. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    I agree with you. While I did not find it humorous. I believe that it was Redd Foxx and Pearl Bailey's last film, and it does have its admirers. I will not chastise anyone that wishes for this release job to be undertaken as I find other peoples comments concerning my favorite wants that are not their cup of tea have a tendency to berate my choices. It's really rude and thank goodness we all don't like the same films for it would be a really dull world.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This hobby of ours needs more George Feltenstein's, but unfortunately, he broke the mold.

classicmovieguy, JoelA, JoHud and 2 others like this.
  4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Even so, I would be impressed if they did find it. Imagine what else might be found in that search.

ahollis likes this.
  5. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    I know. It boggles the mind, doesn't it.

MatthewA likes this.
  6. Reed Grele

Reed Grele Screenwriter

Reed Grele
    Back in the days before the internet (a.k.a. the dark ages) I wrote a letter (yes, the kind that needs a stamp) to George Feltenstein whose address was listed in the back pages of the LDN (LaserDisc Newsletter) asking if it would be possible to include as an extra on the upcoming release on the LD of The Fearless Vampire Killers, the alternate cartoon opening sequence (which was only shown on the cut, American version).

When the LD was finally released some months later, it not only included the alternate cartoon sequence, but a Sharon Tate featurette, and a gorgeous gatefold jacket with great artwork from the film.

I'll never know for sure if it was my letter to Mr. Feltenstein that was the impetus that resulted in the addition these extra features, but every time I break out my old LD of TFVK, I get that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. :)

7. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

Because the Feltenstein clones might spend money on films done before 2012, and the bean counters would not be amused.

atfree and MatthewA like this.
  8. Brian McP

Brian McP Second Unit

Brian
    I'm a huge Sharon Tate fan, the hottest lady that ever lived, and to date that laserdisc release of "All Eyes on Sharon Tate" over 20 years ago has been the only release of that film on home video (although I think it may be playing on You Tube these days also) -- so thank you George Feltenstein for that!