What's new

Did anyone catch Frank DeCaro's Interview With George Feltenstein today? (2 Viewers)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
MatthewA said:
It would be nice if the effort expended in finding the original tapes for Norman..Is That You? could be undertaken in finding the original tapes to a tape-to-film job people actually want, such as Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl.
I agree with you. While I did not find it humorous. I believe that it was Redd Foxx and Pearl Bailey's last film, and it does have its admirers. I will not chastise anyone that wishes for this release job to be undertaken as I find other peoples comments concerning my favorite wants that are not their cup of tea have a tendency to berate my choices. It's really rude and thank goodness we all don't like the same films for it would be a really dull world.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rob_Ray said:
George Feltenstein has been my hero for about twenty-five years, going back to the MGM/UA laserdisc days. His love for classic Hollywood filmmaking is second to none in the industry and we fans of films from the studio era will be forever grateful for his work and his passion. It's not hyperbole to say that home video would not be what it is today if it weren't for him.
This hobby of ours needs more George Feltenstein's, but unfortunately, he broke the mold.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
ahollis said:
I agree with you. While I did not find it humorous. I believe that it was Redd Foxx and Pearl Bailey's last film, and it does have its admirers. I will not chastise anyone that wishes for this release job to be undertaken as I find other peoples comments concerning my favorite wants that are not their cup of tea have a tendency to berate my choices.It's really rude and thank goodness we all don't like the same films for it would be a really dull world.
Even so, I would be impressed if they did find it. Imagine what else might be found in that search.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Back in the days before the internet (a.k.a. the dark ages) I wrote a letter (yes, the kind that needs a stamp) to George Feltenstein whose address was listed in the back pages of the LDN (LaserDisc Newsletter) asking if it would be possible to include as an extra on the upcoming release on the LD of The Fearless Vampire Killers, the alternate cartoon opening sequence (which was only shown on the cut, American version).

When the LD was finally released some months later, it not only included the alternate cartoon sequence, but a Sharon Tate featurette, and a gorgeous gatefold jacket with great artwork from the film.

I'll never know for sure if it was my letter to Mr. Feltenstein that was the impetus that resulted in the addition these extra features, but every time I break out my old LD of TFVK, I get that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. :)

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I'm a huge Sharon Tate fan, the hottest lady that ever lived, and to date that laserdisc release of "All Eyes on Sharon Tate" over 20 years ago has been the only release of that film on home video (although I think it may be playing on You Tube these days also) -- so thank you George Feltenstein for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks