What's new

Dick Van Dyke Show Planned For DVD (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Since I hven't seen this mentioned here or at thedigitalbits, I'll note here that over at the Dick Van Dyke Show official site, they've announced their intention to put the entire series out this fall (in season boxes) to celebrate the show's 40th anniversary. The announcement was made in January so I'm not sure what snags they've hit since then, but if it did come to be, it would be a big boon to those who want classic TV on DVD. You can find the announcement at http://www.dvdondvd.com/, part of the official site.
Let's hope this happens, and that it might start a trend toward releasing other non-current series in this format (like the many Viacom-owned classics, or Fox's shows from the MTM company).

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Hmmm, DVD on DVD. Cool! :)
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I, personally, would like to see Laura Petrie on an LP.
Jon
------------------
"This one goes to eleven." (Nigel Tufnel)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
YES!! Thank you! That info rocks *hard*!!!
Everyone who's seen my posts will know that I cannot stand best-of TV show compilations. Well, I have bought a couple of them in the past, including this one:
B00005AQ82.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yep...it was enjoyable seeing this show again (I watched the reruns in my Houston-based youth, but no local Memphis station now runs it and I don't have cable/satellite). It just made me hungry for more!
Now I can get that! And the best-of disc will be no more!
I will buy those season box sets within 30 days of their release. Then I will donate my copy of the best-of disc to my son's daycare or something... :)
Now...Lucy next? Please? (I read that it's coming, but I can't wait for a Paramount announcement).
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks