What's new

Dick Van Dyke Show Blu-Ray Question (1 Viewer)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I watched the second episode of this classic series and the end credits music is practically clipped off by the Paul Brownstein logo. Starting with the third episode, there is more breathing room between the credits and the logo. The dvd of the second episode is not like this. Did they muck up by putting it too close or is it because they went to the original negatives and the film didn't have any film leader at the end?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Practically? Meaning the music didn't actually get clipped, yet you're upset about something?

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
First, I didn't say I was upset. There's no need to be unkind. It is clipped off at the end. Sorry I didn't realize that I worded it in a way that would be criticized. I just wanted to know why that would have happened. It doesn't fade out all of the way either. No other episodes are like this, which is why I was wondering if there was no film leader. No need to get snippy.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
That's what I thought. I was just wondering because the first episode is very close too. But starting with the third episode there is some breathing room between the actual show and the logo. The dvd version also has room. That's why I was wondering if maybe there was no leader on the negative, or if maybe the CBS eye originally cut into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks