DICK TRACY ANIMATED - Reviews?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris Dugger, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger Supporting Actor

Well,

Anyone pick this up yet?

Wondering if these are uncensored.

Dugger

2. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

Mine is on the way from Deep Discount so I should have it by the end of the week. What is going to be censored from a 1960 cartoon? If all of the cartoons are there, then they aren't censored.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

The show featured many strong racial caricatures, which imo, were not offensive in the least but actually humorous in their depiction as they were not portrayed from a negative angle like many of the racial cartoons of the 30's and 40's. But regardless, I have it on word from Classic Media that the cartoons are uncut and as originally aired.

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

If they cut those out, there won't be much of a show left.

5. Mick Hyperion

Mick Hyperion
    I bought this set the day it came out. I'm very happy with it, though it's short on extras.

- The episodes appear to be fully intact with each one timing out to exactly 5 minutes.
    - Each one has the full intro and outro titles, with a chapter marker at the end of each intro so you can skip it if you want to.
    - They are very clean with only the occasional dust specks visible, color looks vivid and crisp.
    - The audio is nice and clear with original music and voices.
    - There are no extras that I've come across, even though the back of the box mentions "Crimestopper Tips" though maybe these are built in to some of the episodes.
    - The menus on all 4 discs are the same and pretty barebones, just a single frame with no music - showing the Dick Tracy character with a play all option and an episodes sub-menu.

The show is exactly as I remember it which is the best thing I could hope for, even though a few extras would have been nice.

6. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

7. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

Do all versions contain the 64 page comic book, or is this only available at Best Buy?