Diazinon...Has it been banned?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Does anyone know if the pest control chemical Diazinon has been banned? I've had a helluva time finding any. Every spring and summer I sprayed it around my home's foundation to keep ant problems at bay. Well, this past spring, I couldn't find Diazinon anywhere. The folks at Home Depot and Menard's thought it had been banned and were selling some alternative crap that said "Looking for Diazinon...Try this!" Well I tried it and it seemed to be OK, but last month I sprayed and still found a few ants inside. I borrowed some Diazinon from a friend and sprayed around the foundation, but it might be too late. I have a serious problem in the house now with grease ants. I was out of town for five days and just returned to a shitload of them in my kitchen. Even though I used ant traps, they don't seem to be working well. What I really need is some Diazinon in a spray bottle that I can cautiously use indoors. I had a bottle once that is long since used up. If anyone has any recommendations on where I can find this awesome product or how I can control this grease ant problem, please post your suggestions. Thanks.

2. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I think my landscaper uses it to control grubs, so I don't think it's been banned.

3. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

Doesn't Ortho still make this stuff? I thought I saw it on their website a few months ago.

Jeff

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Thanks, Tom. I did the search a few months ago when I initally couldn't find the stuff but the report wasn't among the first 100 entries I saw displayed. They must have re-indexed in the meanwhile.