1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Diane Lane - UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN - Trailer online - Looks good

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Rickhard Copley, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Rickhard Copley

The trailer and official site for the new Diane Lane film UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN is now online. I have to say that this movie looks good in a cute and funny way. As long as they haven't used ALL the funny bits in the trailer I think it should be a good movie and a big hit for Diane Lane. Touchstone seem to work magic with these kinds of films.

Here's the website: http://tuscansun.movies.go.com/main.html

Click on watch the preview for the trailer.

What do you think?

2. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Thanks for the link, Rickhard. I enjoy Diane Lane's performances as I see her as an elegant, quiet actress. Haven't heard much about her since her last oscar-nominated outing (for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of that film).

3. Rickhard Copley

It was called "UNFAITHFUL".

If you want to know what she's been upto read about the sorry news:

Diane Lane to Producers: Pay Up!
    Wed Jul 30,11:00 AM ET
    By Lia Haberman

Diane Lane just wants what's coming to her.

The Unfaithful babe (and new fiance of Josh Brolin) has sued a production company for close to $2.7 million after it allegedly failed to sign up Bruce Willis as her costar and then bailed on the thriller the duo was to star in.

In the suit filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Lane claims to have inked a $3.5 million pay-or-play deal to star in the movie Me Again, which means the Oscar-nominated thesp is to get paid whether or not the movie ever gets made.

Lane asserts that she received three payments in June totaling a measly $833,000, but then the checks stopped coming, leaving a balance just shy of $2.7 million.

The actress' talent agency Endeavor has also jumped into the fray. It's blackballed Intermedia, refusing to work with the production company until Lane is paid.

On Tuesday, a spokesperson for the production company refused to comment, citing the pending litigation.

The movie was to have centered around a man (Willis) who wakes up in a hotel room with no memory and a dead body in the room. With the help of an FBI (news - web sites) agent (Lane), he tries to discover if he's the assassin or an undercover cop.

But, according to court documents, Intermedia was unable to raise the capital needed to produce the flick and negotiated a buyout with Willis after it realized it couldn't meet the actor's asking price.

Intermedia alledgedly tried to pawn Lane's contract and the thriller flick on to another studio but finally agreed to buy her out.

Now, Lane wants the company to pay her the balance due on her contract, plus attorneys' fees and court costs.

Endeavor also plans to play hardball until the situation is resolved. In a letter sent to Intermedia last week, signed by all 14 Endeavor partners, the agency claims "Diane passed on several multimillion dollar offers to star in other films in order to star in Me Again".

As such, until it receives the remaining money owed to her, "the Endeavor Agency will cease doing business with Intermedia, Franchise Pictures and those individuals who are responsible for these actions in perpetuity."

I don't like to think of all the great offers she turned down over this. I hope it doesn't effect her career to much. She has been very quiet though hasn't she!?

I hope "UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN" is a hit. For her sake. It does look good though.

4. Martin Jeeves

Martin Jeeves Supporting Actor

Bad news about the lawsuit. She should get her money. Maybe it's all a big publicity trick with "Under The Tuscan Sun" coming out soon. "Under The Tuscan Sun" looks good so maybe she'll get more work after that (especially if it hits HUGE).

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I saw this trailer yesterday (in front of American Wedding, of all things), and I thought it looked pretty good as well. Here's what David Poland ("The Hot Button") had to say about it this morning:

6. Martin Jeeves

Martin Jeeves Supporting Actor

I've noticed quite a bit of "buzz" on this. Touchstone are good at getting these type of films to boxoffice success. And I think Diane Lane has arrived as a star people will now pay to see. (I know I will!)[​IMG]

7. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Does anyone know what the name of the song they play over the trailer is? Not sure if it is the same trailer that is linked here (I have dial up and dont want to download it) but I saw the trailer adn heard the song yesterday before a screeing of Hangman's Curse...it is a female singer singing about sunshine or something...anyone know???

Thanks!

8. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

The song is "Soak Up The Sun" by Sheryl Crow, released on her latest album, "C'mon, C'mon".

9. Tim RH

Tim RH Second Unit

Good to see Sandra Oh (famous Canadian actress) featured in a decent-sized role in a mainstream film. [​IMG]

10. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

thanks. I really don't listen to popular music, but that one caught my ear. [​IMG] Oh yeah, looking forward to the movie too. [​IMG] Diane Lane is a cutie!