What's new

Diane Lane & John Cusack in "MUST LOVE DOGS" (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Probably anybody that reads anything that mention her. Her name is now usually prefaced by "Oscar Nominated Actress".

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see DIANE LANE in something really big again like "THE PERFECT STORM" or similar (although she wasn't the lead in it). Another "UNFAITHFUL" would be nice too!;) :b

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Hey, I like Louise Fletcher. She's had various roles over the years, including playing Kai Winn on Deep Space Nine.

Jason

Hunter P

Screenwriter
My gf took me to see this movie this weekend. I figured it was low risk. Free movie with John Cusack (star of the immortal “Better off Dead”) and Diane Lain (she was hot in “Unfaithful” even tho the movie was stupid). Well, I absolutely HATED this movie within the first 5 minutes.

This was a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of “When Harry Met Sally.” After all those copies, the quality and spirit is all gone. They even had the testimonials at the opening and ending credits. I think the studios just wanted to crank out a romantic comedy since the summer was dominated by action and horror flicks. Too bad they didn’t feel the need to actually put effort into it.

The acting was piss poor but I blame that on how the characters were written. Everyone had quick witted lines to shoot off each other at rapid fire pace as if they already knew what the other person was going to say and had a joke lined up ready to go. It seemed to me that everyone was Groucho Marx and nobody played the straight man. Because of this, it seemed like everyone was basically the same character, as if the screenwriter could only write in one voice. Imagine Kevin Costner or Keanu Reeves playing all the parts in a movie and you get what I mean.

As you can imagine, the supporting characters were the same characters borrowed from your favorite romantic comedies, except that they were copies of copies of copies. Just to name a few there was the needling sister from Jerry Maguire, the 70+ year old dad that chases women like he’s 20, the token gay friend, the male lead’s horny buddy, and on and on. Then there were the “magic moments” from other movies that they forced into this movie, most notably the “sing-a-long.”

The audience in this movie was probably 90% women. It seemed to me that there were a lot of women that were “over laughing” to the movie. Maybe it was because of the lack of similar fare in the theaters today for this romantic-comedy starved audience or just my male bias. Whatever the reason, there were some women that were rofl’ing at every throw-away quip and weak joke. It was as if they wanted too much to like this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks